“Great Atmosphere - Great Food” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Alto Plaza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 94 restaurants in Centreville
Cuisines: Latin, Continental
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Outdoor seating, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Intersection of RT28 & RT29
Manassas, Va
“Great Atmosphere - Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We've been to Alto Plaza in Centreville a few times, most recently to celebrate August birthdays. We had a group of 12 and went on a Friday night so we set our minds on having long waits. We were pleasantly surprised, we were seated very quickly (thanks to a reservation) and the food was great. The service was a tiny bit slow but there were 2 other birthday parties and a bachelorette group there also.

This place is great for hanging with friends or a night our for a couple without going into DC. The restaurant has a Miami feel to it. I highly recommend the Calamari, Nachos, Short Ribs or Fajitas everything we've had there has been delicious!!!

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

53% Recommend
Clifton, Virginia
“Terrible Experience, Average at best Food, Terrible staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

go to the Burger King up the street and get treated better and save money!

Visited June 2011
Centreville, Virginia
“Underwhelming”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

I made reservations for there Sunday Brunch about a month in advance, we were going to have a large group and I wanted to be sure our out of town guests would have a good view. I made sure when I made the reservation and confirmed when I called to confirm the reservation. I was so excited, and when we were seated... there was one window and you couldn't even see out from it. I saw 2 other groups seated in much more ideal locations so, I know it was possible. My issue is that they confirmed it would not be an issue and it was. When I asked, I was told that was all they had for our size group. Not happy, not a good way to start. Or Waiter was slow and uninformative. They assumed we knew everything. Apparently you have to order waffles from the waiter - not at the buffet. By the time we got them they had RUN OF OF SYRUP! Seriously? Who does that? The food was OK but not worth the price.

• Visited April 2010
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Fairfax, Virginia
“Alto Plaza on a Saturday evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

Three of us went to Alto Plaza for dinner about 6:00PM Saturday, 21 August. We were greeted by an attractive almost dramatic building and dining area. Quickly seated outside on the 3rd floor lovely terrace, the attentive wait staff took our orders for drinks and explained the evening’s specials. The table was nicely set with substantial silverware and full large napkins. The proffered chips (apparently made on-site) and salsa were quite good. We had two appetizers-the Queso Fundido con Chorizo and the Calamari. Both were very well presented, certainly large enough for the 3 of us and quite tasty. We each had a pricey before dinner drink, and while well-made were seemingly quite expensive. The couple split an order of Paella Valenciana and I had the Zarzuela. Both orders were flavorsome but the rice to ‘the tasty bits’ (shrimp, chicken, mussels, chorizo) ratio of the Paella was quite anemic and my Zarzuela was most savory broth vice seafood. All in all a good dinner but pricey for what we had. I’d probably return but try another menu choice. I did note that at our departing at roughly 8:00PM on a Saturday night, the first and second floor dining areas were largely empty.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
terri007
“Has gone down in the past year.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2010

We arrived this evening at approximately 6:30 p.m. and had to wait about 5 minutes for a Hostess (we were wondering if they were even open). We had left our kids with a babysitter as it is my birthday and we asked for a seat that was off to the side (where a few other couples were sitting), she sat us by kids and we asked for a new table. She then placed a number of small children around us. We waited about 10 minutes for a waiter who didn't bring my water until I asked for it 5 times. My husband's soft drink was not refilled, the steak tacos were tough and the seafood burrito was terrible. The scallops were pea size, there was no crab and maybe one shrimp in each burrito. The sauce was awful and I couldn't finish it. My Pear Martini was really watered down. With tip, we spent $61.00 and I wished we had gone to Olive Garden or someplace else.
We had eaten there about a year ago and everything was wonderful but now-ICK!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere