“Acceptable Italian at a reasonable cost.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dumfries, Virginia
“Acceptable Italian at a reasonable cost.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Even though this is a chain, the quality control over the limited menu items remains high. Having lived in St. Louis, a mecca for Italian dining, I would say this is very faithful to the Italian tradition.

Tampa, Florida
“All Time Favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Carrabba's has always been one of my favorite neighborhood restaurants. The veal Marsala, calamari and great selections of affordable wines is awesome. They have consistently been my favorite for quality and value.

Boston, MA
“An excellent three course meal for $15.00, really.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We visited this place on the first night of our trip to Virginia. The food was great and the service was as good. The only short fall was the host and waiters didn't seem quite as polished as you might expect but all were perfectly fine.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Decent Chain Restaurant Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I generally shy away from chain restaurants whenever possible, but was pleasantly surprised by the food and service at this restaurant. We had a little wait when we first got there, but the place was full. They had a special going on for 3 course dinner for 15, but you have to order off a set menu. We chose this option, and it worked out. I started off with the flat bread that had spinach and goat cheese. It came out and it would easily feed two for appetizer, and it was tasty. I ordered champagne shrimp and scallops pasta for my main. It came out in a light cream sauce and the flavors were good and seafood seemed relatively fresh. The scallops were small, but had a nice sweet flavor. Instead of dessert I chose a salad which wasn't really remarkable, but was prepared well. Overall a good experience for both of us at this establishment. Would I return? maybe, I would say yes from all written above, but given I prefer to be adventurous, and seek out new options. I feel my taste buds could find other great fair without the chain restaurant formula in play. If your looking for good Italian food in the heart of Centreville this wouldn't be a bad option though.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“Superior food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

By far the best Italian food ever. The grandkids like sitting at the cooking bar to eat and watch the cooks.

• Visited March 2012