“Nice Local Place” 4 of 5 stars

+1 703-543-8955
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ciao Osteria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 96 Restaurants in Centreville
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Ciao Osteria is an authentic Italian eatery featuring delicious entrees and Neapolitan wood-fired pizzas made completely from scratch. Our goal is to serve true traditional Italian recipes made with the freshest, most authentic ingredients available, while making sure our guests are treated as family at our table. Chef Antonino and Chef Luca believe you should never underestimate the power of a home cooked Sicilian meal. After many, many years of hard work in his kitchen, he decided to share his recipes with us. You can expect only an authentic taste of Sicily when you eat with us at Ciao Osteria. From the moment you walk in our front door, we want you to feel like you are a part of our family.. Buon appetito!
Montgomery, Alabama
“Nice Local Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

On the whole, the food is very good. Have sampled both the pizza and the pasta. Pizza had a nice, thin wood-fired crust and it was tasty. The eggplant entrée was exceptionally good, and the salad I ordered with it was fresh and very good. Their bread offering could use some work, although the combination of herbs and parm cheese with the olive oil is very good. The bread, unfortunately, does not seem to be made on premises and tastes like it probably came from the Giant. On another visit, the ravioli was good with an excellent sauce and my dining partner had the lasagna. However, in both dishes there were hot spots and cool spots which made us wonder if a microwave was used to heat it up. My dining partner had to actually send his lasagna back to the kitchen to have it heated up when he got to the center - it was cold. In fairness to the restaurant, they immediately comped the lasagna. On another visit, I had the manicotti that was very, very good, but my dining partner was disappointed in the fettuccini alfredo which he said was "tasteless. One of the strengths of this restaurant is its wait staff who are friendly and attentive. The wine offered is very good. For the food offered, the prices are reasonable. This restaurant is an excellent addition to the community.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Eagle737, Owner at Ciao Osteria, responded to this review, November 10, 2014
Grazie for the nice review and we are so glad that you love the food. All of our ingredients are top quality Italian food. We are so glad to be in your community and look forward in seeing you and meeting you.

Sal & Gina

Fairfax, VA
“Authentic, like you are in Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We spent a month exploring Italy last summer. We ate our way from the Amalfi Coast to Lake Como, from Rome to Venice. We acquired a pretty good sense of true Italian food, and this place is the closest we have found since returning from our trip.

First, the ambiance is very nice with beautiful artwork covering the walls. Second, the wait staff was very friendly, as was the owner and the chef. Both the owner and chef at various times came out and chatted with us. The owner slid right into our booth and we had a great conversation for some time. All of this "welcome to our home" interaction is very much like what we found in Italy.

Third, and most importantly for a restaurant is the food. We had the prosciutto and mozzarella di bufala for an app. The mozzarella nearly brought tears to our eyes. I have never had anything like it in the States. To compare it to what you find in most restaurants or grocery stores would be a crime. We had to ask where they get it so we could go get some, but of course they make it themselves on site. The owner also mentioned he imports his tomatoes and flour (for the pizza crust) from Italy and he has one of only 2 special pizza ovens of that kind in Northern Virginia.

The main courses were also very good, but the mozzarella alone would have made the trip a home run. If it was closer to our home we would be regulars.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Eagle737, Owner at Ciao Osteria, responded to this review, November 10, 2014
Thank you for the 5 star review and for keeping us number 1 in the area. We are so glad you love the food and the pizza. We are so glad you found us.

Centreville, Virginia
“Great atmosphere and decor, fabulous Italian style pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I was looking for a nice neighborhood Italian place for lunch, not a chain. This place opened recently and certainly fit the bill. The house salad came with cranberries and walnuts, and a nice balsamic vinaigrette. I was going to order a pasta dish, but the server talked us into a pizza. I'm glad he did, we got the Prosciutto and Funghi. The 12 inch was plenty big enough for two people at lunch. Very tasty with good prosciutto and fresh basil. It's VPN certified, meaning fresh ingredients from Italy and prepared in a 900 degree Italian pizza oven. Whatever the requirement are, it works!

To quote a much overused Schwarzenegger line "I'll be back!"

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Eagle737, Owner at Ciao Osteria, responded to this review, November 10, 2014
Thank you for the 5 star review. A bit late in answering back. We are so glad you loved the food. we look forward to seeing you very soon at Ciao.

“Save a Table for Me”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Much as I hate to do this, I have to tell you about this new Italian restaurant in Centreville. My only hesitation is that when more people find out about Ciao I'll never get a seat. When you enter, the owner greets you and makes you feel like you are visiting family or friends. The food is EXCELLENT! They make their mozzarella cheese in-house daily. The cannoli's are made from a family recipe. My husband had a lamb chop that was huge and oh so tasty. I had the gnocchi with three different sauces. It was ssssoooo good! They have only been open now for approximately 5 weeks and we have been there the last two weekends. Each time I took food home. Save room for dessert. The tiramisu is made in-house. Again, a great choice. If you want something a little lighter, try the gelato. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Eagle737, Owner at Ciao Osteria, responded to this review, November 10, 2014
Deborah, A bit late in thanking you for the great write up. Thanks for keeping us number 1 in the area. We always have a table for you.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Crust but lacks Flavor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

More like 3.5*s. Review of pizza only!!

Tucked away in a strip mall in Centreville, this new joint serves up classic Italian dishes and certified Neopolitan pizza cooked up in a wood burning oven hand built in Naples. They serve house hot bread rolls and parmigiano olive oil, which is awesome. On to the pizza.

I do have to say, the crust of my Salamino pizza was near perfect. As good or better than anything else I have had. But that is where the perfection ended. The Salimino has red sauce, imported pepperoni, mozzarella, basil, and parmigiano reggiano. The sauce was near non-existent; I know the Neopolitan style has less sauce, but at one point, I lifted up the cheese to actually see if any sauce was on the pie. Wish there was more basil too; it was more finely chopped. My biggest gripe is with the price/portion. My individual pizza was $14 for 6 smallish slices; and that wasn't the most expensive option. I had a Specialicious $10 for $20 deal, so that made me feel better, but still, pretty steep. I think I just had really high expectations that just weren't met due to the lack of flavors, spices, and lack of sauce. Here is my new ranking of pizza in the immediate NOVA area of the top of my head:

1. The Don's (Sterling)
2. Pizzanese (Herndon)
3. Ciro's (Centreville/Manassas)
4. The Wine'ing Butcher (Ashburn)
5. Fireworks (Leesburg)
6. Lost Dog Cafe (McLean)
7. Pomodoro's (Sterling)
8. Ciao Osteria (Centreville)
9. Emelio's (Sterling)
10. Santinis (Herndon/Chantilly)

Eagle737, Owner at Ciao Osteria, responded to this review, November 10, 2014
Thanks for the review and for loving the pizza. The pizza at Ciao is a lot different from the other pizza. Its is a VPN certified pizza and all the ingredients are very fresh. When you came in we were very new and I hope you try us again. We know that you will love the pizza.

Sal