“Worth a visit for sure!” 4 of 5 stars

703-322-9785
Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 94 restaurants in Centreville
Manassas, Virginia
“Worth a visit for sure!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Okay, so I'm pretty hot and heavy on a kabob kick these days so I do a search for 'Afghan Food' on Yelp and Kabob Express pops up. I used to live in Centreville and only wish I known about this place sooner. I walk in and its nice enough. The buffet seemed a little small but still offered a good number of choices. The service was decent and they were rather flexible.

I ordered the bone-in chicken kabob and asked for a combo with lamb. Both were very tasty. The chicken had just the right amount of kick (which is what I love about Afghan kabob verses its Persian or Indian counterparts) and the lamb had lots of flavor.

I got my order to go and made the mistake of offering some to my hubby who nearly devoured my entire order!! We used to go to Food Corner just across the street from Kabob Express but I don't see us going there anymore. Kabob Express is THE place.

• Visited December 2012

70% Recommend
Centreville, Virginia
“Dinner for two, $20, can't beat that”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I often visit Kabob Express, and I usually have the buffet rather than kabobs. The kabobs are great, particularly the ground lamb sausage, and the buffet is excellent. It's a "no frills" place, but it's clean and the food is tasty and fresh, the curries and vegetable dishes are mild and the chickpeas are awesome. But most of all the people are friendly and it's amazingly inexpensive.

• Visited October 2012
Centreville, Virginia
“Good food, friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Our family has eaten at Kabob Express II for years (back when it was pretty much the only place to get a kabob in Centreville). The food quality is consistent and everyone is very friendly and helpful. We generally order a chicken kabob, a kofta kabob (ground meat) and some sambosas (really good sambosas!). We occasionally mix it up a bit my ordering a beef kabob, but that's about as crazy as we get. The meats are always tasty and juicy. The rice is flavorful. The sides are generally very good as well. We have never eaten the buffet as we always order fresh, so I can't comment on the quality there. For the food made to order, it is always fresh, tasty, and of very good quality.

• Visited October 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
“Horrible Food, stay away from this place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

The buffet temperature was barely warm, and the food was absolutely tasteless. I could not eat after a couple of bites and decided to leave, was still charged for the buffet in-spite of the uneatable food. Save your money and stay away from this place.

Visited May 2011
Fairfax, Virginia
“Best Kabob in Centeville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

Staff very friendly and helpful. Kabob platters are tender, juicy and filling. A regular Kabob stop for sure.

• Visited April 2011