“a local spot that I go to pretty often” 3 of 5 stars

Update restaurant details
Ranked #50 of 92 restaurants in Centreville
Cuisines: Mexican
Centreville, Virginia
“a local spot that I go to pretty often”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Decent food, good happy hour deals. When I want Mexican food, but don't want to splurge, this is the place.

Visited November 2012

53% Recommend
Herndon, Virginia
“Ignored; walked out”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We had heard about this restaurant and wanted to try it when in the area tonight. We thought at first there was a line waiting to go in, but it was just a large group in the outdoor bar. We went in the door and looked at a menu; but while we stood there for several minutes, no one came to greet us or show us to a table. It looked as though the only customers were bar customers; then we noticed there was no one actually sitting at a table and eating food. We walked out and around the corner to the Glory Days Grill where we had a great meal among all the happy families filling that restaurant.

• Visited November 2012
Centreville, Virginia
“If you value your life and your wallet - avoid this place like the plague!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

My wife and I decided to try this local establishment just to see if it was a new place for us that we could frequent in order to get a decent Mexican meal when the urge hit us. I am writing this review a month after our visit so that I would have a "cooling off" period and would be as "fair" as I could be.

We had seen it in our Entertainment book, and wanted to use the coupon as well. However, this decision turned out to be a really bad one.

1) The service was beyond poor. The female server either forgot anything about serving (she claimed she has been there for several years) or never was trained on how to serve people properly (just so you know - we weren't expecting service as if it were a Michelin 3 star restaurant); several requests for items were frequently ignored or forgotten, the wrong items were delivered twice to our table, our drinks not being refilled until we were visibly upset at being ignored for over 30 minutes, etc.

2) The food was beyond bad. I typically am not overly critical when trying a new place out, but my enchiladas were just gross, the guacamole was rancid, and my wife's fried tacos were just oozing and swimming in grease! Yech! BTW - my wife did get sick right after we left from the little bit of food she did consume from this rat-hole.

3) The maître d (or manager - we couldn't get him to fess up to exactly what his role was) was rude and discourteous when we complained about all of the above. He made no effort to make things correct right then, or even to attempt to comp us and invite us to come back to have a better experience. The professionalism of the entire staff seemed to be like this - just bad and they just don't care one way or another.

We also discovered that the owners of Red Rocks Cafe and Tequila Bar, also own the Little Italy Deli next door. We now know of another place to avoid like the plague.

If you are looking for mexican-style food and wish to survive the experience and feel like you got value, avoid this place and try some of their much superior competitors, like the Alto Plaza Restaurant, Guapo's Fair Lakes, Tippy's Tacos, or even Taco Bell.

If we could give a rating of -5 stars we would do so and we will not ever revise this review. Only new ownership, replacement of the staff, a complete renovation of the store and it's menu, and obviously after that, really consistent good ratings on sites like Yelp, TripAdvisor, and Google would possibly change our minds in ever returning to try it again.

There are other places that deserve patronage more than this place could ever warrant. I am truly sorry that we tried it in the first place.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Falls Church, Virginia
“Good Place for Happy Hour and Good Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We have been going to Red Rocks Cafe for quite some time now and we have always had good service, the wait staff is the best. The food is outstanding, Sunday brunch is wonderful and the price is great. Never miss a chance to go to Red Rocks.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bristow, Virginia
“Good Tex-Mex food and friendly atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

My husband, two children (ages 5 and 3) and myself decided to try this restaurant due to a coupon. It was quite a nice surprise. The food was good and they have the bar separate from the dining area. There is also outdoor seating if desired. The prices are very reasonable and there is a large selection of food. As the name implies (tequila bar)...you have to try their LARGE selection of margaritas!

• Visited May 2012