“Typical Great American” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Fairfax, Virginia
“Typical Great American”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Around No Va these are go to restaurants. The menus are a little different, but they all have great food. It is a great place for consistent well prepared tasty food. Each place has stand out items on the menu and daily specials.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Woodbridge, Virginia
“Pretty consistent - good food & good prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

This was probably our third time to Sweetwater in the past 2 years. The food is consistently good and the prices are reasonable. I had the Monterey Salad and it was very good. My wife ordered the same and her chicken was not thoroughly cooked, but our waiter brought out a fresh salad and all was good. My mother-in-law had the fried oyster salad and indictaed she would not order that again. Everyone else was well pleased with their selections (fajitas mostly). The portions are big, though, so consider splitting if you're not really hungry. This is still one of our favorites in the DC burbs.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Haymarket, Virginia, USA
“Okay food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I wanted to check out this place because I had heard it was among the better of the Great American Resatuarants group. The wait was extremely long, and so I had very high hopes. I wasn't totally disappointed, but I wasn't overwhelmed either. The selection of bears the night I went was not all that appealing (I don't like pale ales and I think 3 of the 5 choices on draught were pale ales). So i had the #1, which was the light beer thats always available. It was refreshing after waiting outside with 3 antsy kids for 45 mins, but nothing special. The firecracker shrimp appetizer was actually really good, but I wish there are had been more shrimp on the plate. My husband had the ribs, which were average. I had what was advertised as the world's best fajitas (chicken) and that was pretty much a large exaggeration! They weren't bad, but certainly not the best fajitas that I will ever have the plasterer of eating. All in all, this is a decent resturant and is family friendly, but I think Coatal Flats and Jackson's are better options of the GAR group, and were more worth the wait (although Sweetwatern Tavern, as well as the other GAR restaurants seem to do call ahead seating).

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Great place to eat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

You will not go wrong by picking Sweetwater when you are in the area. I had the ribs and they were very good. Service was excellent although they were very busy. We had to wait for 30 minutes or so but we were glad we did. I look forward to going back there in the future.

Visited July 2013
Bristow, Virginia, United States
“The Rockfish special was awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Great service and great food! The Rockfish and grits special was to die for as was the Salmon! Made for a great ending to a long week!

• Visited July 2013