“Pretty consistent - good food & good prices” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Pretty consistent - good food & good prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

This was probably our third time to Sweetwater in the past 2 years. The food is consistently good and the prices are reasonable. I had the Monterey Salad and it was very good. My wife ordered the same and her chicken was not thoroughly cooked, but our waiter brought out a fresh salad and all was good. My mother-in-law had the fried oyster salad and indictaed she would not order that again. Everyone else was well pleased with their selections (fajitas mostly). The portions are big, though, so consider splitting if you're not really hungry. This is still one of our favorites in the DC burbs.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

86% Recommend
Haymarket, Virginia, USA
“Okay food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I wanted to check out this place because I had heard it was among the better of the Great American Resatuarants group. The wait was extremely long, and so I had very high hopes. I wasn't totally disappointed, but I wasn't overwhelmed either. The selection of bears the night I went was not all that appealing (I don't like pale ales and I think 3 of the 5 choices on draught were pale ales). So i had the #1, which was the light beer thats always available. It was refreshing after waiting outside with 3 antsy kids for 45 mins, but nothing special. The firecracker shrimp appetizer was actually really good, but I wish there are had been more shrimp on the plate. My husband had the ribs, which were average. I had what was advertised as the world's best fajitas (chicken) and that was pretty much a large exaggeration! They weren't bad, but certainly not the best fajitas that I will ever have the plasterer of eating. All in all, this is a decent resturant and is family friendly, but I think Coatal Flats and Jackson's are better options of the GAR group, and were more worth the wait (although Sweetwatern Tavern, as well as the other GAR restaurants seem to do call ahead seating).

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Great place to eat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

You will not go wrong by picking Sweetwater when you are in the area. I had the ribs and they were very good. Service was excellent although they were very busy. We had to wait for 30 minutes or so but we were glad we did. I look forward to going back there in the future.

Visited July 2013
Bristow, Virginia, United States
“The Rockfish special was awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Great service and great food! The Rockfish and grits special was to die for as was the Salmon! Made for a great ending to a long week!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lansdowne, Virginia
“Food was good but service sucked!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Went in with a friend for a quick appetizer since we had to meet friends soon and were killing time. Our server was good...at first. He asked us if we wanted bread and I said yes but no raisin bread, I'm highly allergic. Took the server so long to get the drinks and bread. When he brought the bread out, there was raisin bread in with the rest. I looked at our server like are you kidding me?! I said there's raisin bread in here and he said it was a joke. I didn't think it was funny at all! I'm very allergic to raisins! He seemed so fake. I told him that was not a funny joke. He said nothing to it. The next basket of bread he brought out had raisin bread under the Ozzie rolls and I'm like are you kidding me?! I got the severs attention and he said oh my bad. That's it. I'm sorry but if you have a customer that is allergic to something, highly allergic, you make sure that food is not there! He didn't even check the basket! I was not happy at all. Our food came out and it was good but my friend and I were out of water and had been for awhile but we couldn't get anyone's attention. It wasn't busy at all either. Server came over after awhile and filled glasses up. We wanted our check right away, we needed to leave. Our server was trying way too hard to be "funny" and nice, it was sad. His lack of carefulness with the raisin bread could've cost me a trip to the hospital if I touched any of it. Needless to say, we tipped him a small amount because of the issues and his lack of caring. If I return I will make sure that guy is not my server! The manager kept walking around but we couldn't get his attention. I would've loved to have told him this. I'm not a complainer but I have serious allergies and our sever didn't care. Poor service indeed!

• Visited July 2013