“Great food you can always count on!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Fairfax, Virginia
“Great food you can always count on!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Sweetwater's food is always excellent! I love the Encrusted Tuna Salad and my husband likes the ribs or a steak. We've been there many times just for dinner or special occasions. The service is generally good. We've only had bad experiences when seated next to the noisy waitstaff station or when they are super busy.

Visited November 2012

Woodbridge, Virginia, United States
“O how sweet it is”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Went on a Saturday. The service was great! They are certainly a team there...we had about 4 different people take care of our needs. The food was ok but maybe we ordered the wrong thing. We decided to treat ourselves to hamburgers. You know indulge just a little... The roll was nice burger was OK nothing to get excited about and definitely not worth the sacrifice in calories...my husband only ate half of his burger and I had to force half of mine down. Other meals that passed us look delicious so again I say just a bad choice. The place is fun and relaxing. We will go back!

Bristow, Virginia
“One of the better beer-focused chains around.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Sweetwater makes good beers, which are complemented by a nice menu. The salmon salad is amazing. My only wish is that they offered more vegetarian choices. The staff are friendly and this location is always packed on Friday nights, which is when we usually go. This is one of the few chain restaurants I enjoy, and would definitely recommend it.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“We love this restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

My husband and I love going to Sweetwater Tavern, it is a go-to place for a special treat! We love all of the Great American Restaurant locations but this one is probably our favorite. Service here is always excellent, they have a very interesting system where many different servers will help clear table, bring drinks, etc. even though you will have one main server. The bread that they bring to the table is delicious! It usually includes an assortment of hot rolls, cinnamon raisin bread, and a spicy jalapeno bread along with butter. Everything I have tried on the menu is good, my husband and I love to share the fajitas. One thing to be aware of is long wait times, this restaurant is almost always packed! They do not take reservations but offer call ahead seating, I highly recommend this! Being a tavern, the drinks here are always good! I highly recommend ordering a sampler of their beer varieties before ordering a full glass, its a great way to try many different ones.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rotterdam
“Great drunken steaks, perfect beers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

When I was near Centreville, colleagues took me to this restaurant. As I am a Dutch resident, I do not have a lot of reference material about American restaurants. What I really liked was the choice of american beers and ales. We took the Drunken Rib Eye. It was drowned in one of the lagers. It was delicious! I went back the last night to have another one.

• Visited October 2012