“Nice quiet dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner
Virginia
“Nice quiet dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We come here occasionally when we get a hankering for Chinese food. It is almost always quiet, which can be a nice change of pace from the noisier restaurants. The food is quite good and seems fresh. According to their website, "We do not use MSG is any of our dishes, all of our food is prepared with 100% vegetable oil, and we offer whole grain brown rice upon request." This makes it a healthier choice among Chinese restaurants, I think. We've always had good service.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Centreville, Virginia
“Best Chinese in Centreville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

This is probably the best chinese restaurant in Centreville. The food is very good (a little on the expensive side) but very good. We have been going to Sinos for over 15 years.

Visited December 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Better than average”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

There are not many Chinese places I will go to as I am prone to just ordering it in, but Sino's is definately a place I will travel to. The food is consistent and always tastes fresh. The food is hot, no crunchy rice, and the prices are very good. The decor is a little dated, but the food is always on point, which is not the case with so many other Chinese places. I like the Moo Goo Gai Pan or Singapore Noodles. Both of these dishes are always the same, and always good.

Visited March 2012
Fairfax, Virginia
“Consistently Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

It's hard to find quality in chinese restaurants. Sino's passes all of my tests.
1) Quality of white meat chicken is excellent.
2) Vegetable are always fresh and not overdone.
3) Sauce is tasty, but not overdone.
4) Portions are enormous.
5) Service is excellent
6) They have brown rice.
What more do you want?

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rocky Top, Tennessee
“Very nice (non-buffet) sit-down service. Soups were the bomb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

First we noticed that this town is LOADED with asian restaurants, and I admit we choose this one just because we parked in front of it. But it was a good choice. At lunchtime, we had sweet and sour chicken $7, and a General Tso $8. Both with fried rice. Both very fresh, cooked to order. Neither dish had dry chicken, and the sweet/sour sauce was really smooth, not too heavy, and only slightly sweet - very good. The Tso had just the right hints of heat, crispy chicken but not hard. Smoking hot.

I will admit I was surprised the lunch plates didn't come with an egg roll or a chicken wing like in a lot of other places. But both plates had huge amounts of food so we did not miss "the extras" ...

Best of all were the soups at the start of the meal. Wonton not at all bland, full of flavor, sprinkled with scallions, and served very hot. The hot and sour soup was amazing, bold tasting, one of the best ever (I've had a lot of H/S soup!). The noodles (I think of them as crackers) were great too. Darker in color than I've seen, they were very flavorful, much better than those 'blonde' ones I've had elsewhere.

We would go again if in the area, if we can pass the dozen other asian food places in the same plaza.

• Visited July 2012