“Go for the food not the decor!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Northern Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Go for the food not the decor!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

A true family run operation! A hidden gem inside both in terms of the ethiopian food and in the bakery items. This was our second visit there. Had the lamb tibs and the veggie sampler for one. First i love that the items come in separate bowls as opposed to just being on a injera lined platter. Like how a mixed salad came with the entry. Serving portions were ample and more than the two of us could finish. What i like is that they will customize things for you.... All you have to do is ask

Dont ignore the bakery items! The molasses cookies are so moist! Check out the special of the day. Carrot cake is a standout! Lemon cake looked fabulous.

The decor is basic but i came for the food!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Mom-pop, family owned Ethiopian eatery in Centerville...I would go again to encourage small family style businesses”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Let me begin to say that I would go again just to show my support to family owned business.
Example - the kids of the owners were hanging there playing on the laptop. Decor was subpar. Seemed a lol disorganized.
There are several things Manna can do to maintain clientele .
Firstly , I wasn't sure how it works .... Go sit or order at the booth. At one point, 2-3 other families walked in and the 2 women couldn't handle the traffic at all. One of the ladies apologized that she couldn't attend to us.
On food - it was average. We chose the pick 6 for 2 ( we were 2 adults and 2 kids) .I would have liked a better presentation. The sambosa was decent, a side or chutney would have been appreciated. The bottles drinks were good.
Over all - the servers seemed scattered since they were the order takers, cleaners, servers and cashiers. I think there were a few cooks in the kitchen.

I would give them a chance again. I almost stopped to give them some honest feedback , but had to rush out becos of the kids.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere