“Good food, great drinks, over-eager waiter!” 4 of 5 stars

Coyote Grille
14101 St. Germain Drive, Centreville, VA
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Bar, Spanish, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 29
Sterling, VA
“Good food, great drinks, over-eager waiter!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Always looking for good southwestern options in Fairfax & Loudoun County so was eager to try this spot which used to be a sports bar! Had read some reviews on other sites which were largely favorable but had complaints about the chips not being free...I figured that shouldn't deter me since I'd do better not to fill up on chips anyway!
Made a reservation and was happy to be seated immediately upon our arrival although it was quite crowded on a Saturday evening. Our dining companions asked for chips and I was relieved to see that they've changed their policy and they're now free. Not a large portion, nor are they anything to write home about but always nice to start with a few. The drinks were exceptional. I have an issue with commerical sweet/sour mixes frequently used in margaritas so i was pleasantly surprised when they said they squeeze fresh lime and orange juice daily for their drinks. And for under $7, they were large and outsdanding and a great value.
There were so many options on the menu that were appealing so I'll have to come back for the carnitas and steak choices but the fish tacos i did have were nice, not fried, full of flavor and very fresh. The chicken enchiladas at the table looked great as well...i didn't get to try any before they disappeared!
My one criticism is that our waiter was a bit over-eager and checked in on us every 5 minutes (without exaggeration). He also managed to forget my request for water 3 times and eventually another server brought me some. We found all of the staff to be pleasant but maybe this young guy just needed to be more observant from a distance with regards to clearing plates, refilling beverages etc rather than hovering over us so frequently as to interrupt our conversation on close to half a dozen occasions.
Definitely worth another visit to try some of the interesting offerings and more margaritas!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Hooray for a Centreville location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I have been anxiously awaiting the opening of this place since their "coming soon" sign went up. We stopped in for a late dinner during the week and were surprised to find that they're open until 10. We were seated immediately and our waitress, Shannon, was as nice as she could be. She checked in on us often enough to know what we needed without being pesky.

The food was wonderful- definitely recommend their salsa trio as it comes with an interesting variety of flavors. I had a chimichanga stuffed with chicken and salsa that was very well made- soft, warm tortilla inside, crispy perfection outside with well-seasoned shreds of meat in every bite. I have also had the black bean soup at the Fairfax location and could not stop thinking about it for days. It is somehow thick and creamy but not heavy on your stomach.

This is the greatest spot to pop in for a hot dinner on the fly.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere