You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Centreville - Manassas to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Centreville - Manassas
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Centreville
Centreville, Virginia
“Just okay.....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have to first start off by commenting on the excellent customer service Kim gives each and every time I need her or see her.... She is beyond one of the most superb professionals in her class and I wish I could take her to every place I go....Because of her, I decided to remain at your hotel despite several issues that plagued my stay. I hope you compensate her very well because she is the driving force behind your success.
I am a Project Supervisor for one of the area energy companies and needed a long term (2-3 month) stay for the length of a construction project I was managing. For the first 3 weeks at your hotel, my lock would not read the swipe on my card nearly every other evening. The first time it occurred, this little arrogant twit, named "GiGi " didn't know how to reset the lock to let me in and had me wait in another room for 2 hours,before anyone showed up to help me. I finally was let in by 9 pm that night. And get this, there was NO onsite maintenance man! He was home for a family emergency(understandable) but they had no one there to replace him!! I was told arrogantly, by this "GiGi" that he wouldn't be back for 2 weeks....to which I told her that a locksmith needed to be called to fix my door. No luck there...
I blame the Manager of the hotel for NOT supporting his staff with the obvious need of the basics. My lock was finally changed in the third week but not after going thru the routine of nearly every other night being locked out of my room, dragging my stuff back down to the front desk and hoping upon hope that "GiGi" was not behind it. She was the most inept person on staff along with a bad attitude of acting as if working was beneath her. Thankfully, she is GONE. But she did not leave before calling me, at work ,on my personal phone and trying to get into a confrontation with me about hearing that I said she was "unpleasant" to deal with....Unreal!!! And completely unprofessional.
The housekeeping I have received there has been substandard as well. I do not get a "complete" service every Tuesday but merely a vacuuming of the rug,change of sheets and I know the tub is not scrubbed or the dresser and tables dusted (except for one time, just last week). I am getting out of here by the end of this week, primarily, because I don't wish to give my hard earned money to the guy who owns this place. And I realize I am only one person and it won't matter...but it will to me on principal alone.
What a shame to have such a dynamite individual like Kim be subjected to, what I am sure, is a manager who cares so little about supporting the fine work she and her Assistant Manager do...If I could hire Kim and Nuk tomorrow I would....they are what makes and saves a business. The manager of this place could learn A LOT from those two, very fine people.

Room Tip: I had a spacious room....on a non-smoking floor far side....quiet for the most part.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Centreville - Manassas, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that Kim and Nagun provided you with exemplary service. Also, I would like to apologize for the way you were communicated to by other staff members; these types of actions do not reflect the standards of our hotel. We have addressed this issue with the employee to ensure that this situation does not occur in the future. I would also like to apologize that the refresh of your room did not meet your expectations; however, we are reviewing with housekeeping staff, the proper cleaning procedures to ensure the rooms are cleaned to guest satisfaction. Furthermore, we will be looking into exactly why the lock on your door did not work properly. Still, I am glad that the room was spacious and that the area was quiet during your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. I came in very tired from a long drive from la california and was ready to crash to my room. The front desk lady named jihane was very friendly and gave us great service. she offered to give us a mini basket of tooth pastes and tooth brushes prior to check in and checked on us 15 min later. As far as the room, it was clean and very convenient to live there. I had a wonderful experience and i would definitely refer this hotel to someone else.

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Centreville - Manassas, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you were happy with your stay.

Once again, thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

I had a terrible week and needed a place to stay. I am homeless. This place was awesome and very comforting after the traumatizing week I've had. I would suggest to place to anyone! I hope to stay there again!

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Centreville - Manassas, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so glad that we were able to give you a place to stay and call "home". We truly enjoyed having you stay with us and we hope you will choose our hotel again, should you need a place to stay in the future.
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I picked this hotel because it is right across the street from Spa World. The check-in process was pretty long. At first, no one was at the desk but when she finally did show, she was the nicest person I've encountered in the service industry. (I just wish I could remember her name.) My biggest complaint was that the price was different from my online reservation. It was only a couple dollars and I was too tired to really make a fuss. They also made me sign a bunch of papers which I haven't really had to do at other hotels.

As for the room, I honestly think it was one of the best hotel rooms I've ever had. I found myself thinking that I could probably live there. It was very large with lots of space for all of my stuff. I only stayed for a night so I didn't get to use the kitchen. The bed was comfortable and the air conditioner worked amazingly well. My only real complaint with the room is a silly one. I have an extremely hard time falling asleep and any little light or noise will keep me awake for hours. I never heard any of my neighbors, but the light from the microwave clock and the smoke detector were shining brightly, at least for me, at that was distracting as I tried to clear my mind, in vain. However, that's an extremely petty observation and most people wouldn't give it a second thought.

Overall, I'd give the place a 4/5 and I would stay again if the price was right.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was wonderful. VERY clean and comfortable with everything you need provided. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Would surely recommend it to anyone. The only down side was that it does not have a pool. There is a McDonald's right next door, which was very handy. They are also very pet friendly. My dog also enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Centreville - Manassas, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. Thank you for the kind comments about our hotel being pet friendly, clean and comfortable. As well, I am glad that you found our location to be ideal, close to restaurants nearby. Still, I apologize that we do not offer a pool.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please feel free to contact me directly, at dcc@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

This Motel made a mistake on my Debit Card. To make up for the mistake, they provided me with a free night stay and a very large and very clean room to stay in. Being a Minister I travel a lot. I would recommend this Motel to all of my friends and Church members.

• Stayed May 2013
The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. I am very sorry that we made a billing error, but happy to know that we corrected it quickly. We look forward to having you, or any of your Church members, stay with us in the future, should your travels bring you to the area.
Canandaigua, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This was a last-minute trip for a funeral for us. We drove from NY and picked the place out at random. We had a very nice stay. The room was clean (though my husband kept pointing out the faint smell of cigarettes) and very spacious. The bed was extra-firm. The desk staff was friendly and helpful. And above all else, the place was quiet. I don't think we heard another hotel guest the entire time we were there. It was close to everything we needed and easy to find. We would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Sarah - Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. I am so glad that you found your room to be spacious and the bedding to be comfortable. As well, it is great to know that the staff took such great care of you during your visit. While we are sorry that it was for such a sad reason, we are happy that we were able to attend to all of your needs.

Thank you again. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Centreville - Manassas? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Centreville - Manassas

Address: 5920 Fort Drive, Centreville, VA 20121
Location: United States > Virginia > Fairfax County > Centreville
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Centreville
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Centreville - Manassas 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Extended Stay, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Centreville - Manassas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Centreville
Extended Stay America Centreville
Centreville Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Centreville - Manassas, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.