“Best Pho I've had and tried many!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #36 of 93 restaurants in Centreville
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Northern VA
“Best Pho I've had and tried many!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I learned about this little place (now expanded and not so little anymore) from a haircutter who told me it was worth the drive from Gainesville to Centreville. She was right!!

During the colder months you'll find me here twice a week at least! And during spring allergy season it's also a welcoming meal---which, with the addition of some nearby Sriracha sauce, clears the sinuses quite well!!

The soup is without a doubt the most flavorful I've had with just the right balance of ingredients such as the potent Star Anise, which, if overdone (like the new Pho restaurant in Gainesville in the Bonefish Grill shopping center) ruins it for me.

This is a winner of a place!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

80% Recommend
Haymarket, Virginia, USA
“Bland Pho With Mystery Meats”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was very excited to try out Pho Bistro, as I drive past it often, it always looks pretty busy, and has recevied good reviews. However, I was VERY disappointed. There was nothing wrong with the service, but I wish that I could say the same for the pho. I had the pho with chicken (I can't remember the exact name, but it is essentially the chicken noodle soup) and it was very bland and had a number of fatty pieces of chicken that simply looked unappetizing. I ended up needing to use leftover sauce from the spring rolls to give the pho more flavor, but it did not help much. And speaking of the spring rolls, they were also bland, doughy-tasting, and underwhelming. Finally, and most disappointing, was my friend's beef pho (again, apologies--I cannot remember the names of everything that we ate). Her pho was also bland, and had a bunch of very strange looking items in the broth. One looked like something from the ocean (sort of like a sea plant life, although it was white). There were also a number of things that looked like fat from the beef, but it was hard to tell what they were. Basically, looking at the mystery meats that came out of her pho made me lose my appetite. I have attached a picture so that you can see I am not being dramatic or funny. I seriously don't know what these things are.

I am far from a picky eater, will try anything once, and generally like everthing I try, but I was not pleased with the food here. If this is the best pho in NOVA, I am scared to try anyplace else.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good Pho, Good Service, and Good Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

We recently visited Pho Bistro in Centreville in hopes of finding good vegetarian fair. It was a Friday night and the place was packed. We were greeted immediately and they went to great efforts to make sure we were seated comfortably in this bustling noodle house. We shared an appetizer of two vegetarian summer rolls with a peanut sauce. Very nice light starter, and perfect for one or two. We both ordered Pho. I had the Seafood and the person with me had the Chicken. Both were excellent the broth was beautifully clear and served with a beautiful fresh side plate of Basil, sprouts, and jalapeno pepper slices. The seafood pho is served in a beef stock, but it was light. I could have optioned for the vegetarian Pho, but after seeing another customer with the seafood I was sold. Overall, I could find nothing to complain about at this great little Vietnamese restaurant, and plan to make it part of my restaurant rotation when passing through Centreville.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“BEST PHO IN NORTHERN VA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

My husband and I have tried multiple Pho places all over Northern VA but this is the best so far, We have been patrons of this place for years and we eat there at least once a week. Although they do not know our names, they always give us a warm welcome when we enter the restaurant. My family loves their Pho but I enjoy the salad or the chicken or pork chop with rice. They assist me with special orders that I want, like well done chicken or pork chop. Changes in dressing. Or for my son Tai Chin no onions, etc.

• Visited May 2012
Centreville, Virginia
“Best Pho in Town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

Where highways 28 and 29 intersect, there is a restaurant where hunger and Pho intercept. This little hole in the wall was expanded and renovated last year to have many more seats to meet the demand of their regular clientele. The soup is excellent, the service is fast, the price is reasonable.

• Visited February 2012