“High expectations due to cost but just average” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Alexandria, Virginia
“High expectations due to cost but just average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

I decided to spend a quiet Friday lunch with my wife after being sick for 2 weekends and so wanted to have a small lunch treat. As we were shopping near Centreville, we decided to give Korshi a try. By similar buffet standards, we felt the cost was a little steep, even though the weekday lunch rates are somewhat less compared to dinner and especially weekends. The restaurant was clean and the staff very attentive. We enjoyed the fact there was a small selection of Korean marinated meats which was cooked by the staff at your table on a hot plate. The sushi selection was decent. The hot food selection was quite good but unfortunately the food Warmers did not seem to be able to keep the food hot. Perhaps it was because we were there almost at 2pm, towards the tailed of the lunch buffet service which ends at 3pm. Also by then, most of the food were almost finished and there was no need for additional to pup from the kitchen. It made us feel that we were having leftovers. Dessert selection was very small and at best mediocre. Glad there was soft serve ice cream though. Overall, it was a decent experience but with the high price points, it did not quite feel it was value nor quality for the money. So will not be a repeat for us in the near future.

63% Recommend
Fairfax, Virginia
“Way over priced buffet”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The food was good but, they didn't have very much seafood unless you count the sushi which they did have a great variety of. The ladies didn't tell you how to use the cooking contraption in the middle of the table so I mostly got sushi and already cooked items. The dessert table had a very poor selection not much there. It was very expensive for the few items for the one plate that I had. Another review said Golden Corral would be a better choice, I agree at least for the dessert bar. Everything that I tried there tasted good but, there is a buffet with mostly the same stuff and lots more down the street for $10-$15 less and just as good. I would not go back and waste my money here.

Visited January 2013
fairfax va
“Great place, Good variety”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

My wife and I went here and have been to many similar places. This place by far has the best variety in the Va area. Sushi was good and lots of choose from. The steak they cooked at our table was excellent. The staff was attentive. Its worth the price if you go hungry and are not in a rush to leave.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Centreville, Virginia
“Worse Buffet Ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

My family and I recently moved to the area and decided to try Korshi Buffet. It states seafood but there is not much seafood. The hot food tasted like it had been on the buffet for two days. You are better off going to Red Lobster! Seriously we would had been happier going to Golden Corral buffet. Also the price of $25 per person is ridiculous because the quality of food is not there. Service is ok and that is why they only get 1 star. Honestly go anywhere but here this was a waste of money!

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Manassas, Virginia
“Not hungry enough?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Food buffet are now big business, and I work in shopping center that this restaurant is located, so I was hungry for bar-b-que and they have very large selection and lots of raw fish, something I never eat. This would be great place for fish eaters, I have never had red snapper but it really looks good.
Place and large and cashiers are very friendly and helpful. Prices at $15.95 are more than I usuallly pay and as I get older I do not really like buffets, but prefer smalll meat and potato and salad. The selection is great here and if you like sushi, seafood and steak this is the right place for you.

• Visited October 2012