“Awesome chicken” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
“Awesome chicken”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

We went to Bon chon on a recommendation of a friend. We had no idea what to expect at all but the Centreville branch was small, quiet, cozy, and perfect for a casual night out. The waiters were friendly and explained about the food when we asked. The wait is a bit long (35-40 min) for food but thats because its all made to order. The chicken was amazing. The batter was light and crispy and the hot seasoning was very very hot (the waiter said 8 out of 10 but I thought I knew better... I was wrong, it was hot). The garlic sauce was really good as well. The meal also came with pickled radish cubes that were crunchy and perfect after the spicy chicken. The only negative I really had is the lack of seasoning choices, but I wasn't really turned off by it. I definitely recommend giving it a try if you like Asian style friend chicken.

90% Recommend
Sterling, Virginia
“Phenomenal!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Some of the best wings I've ever had! A close friend recommended this place to me so i decided to check it out. Parking kinda sucks, and it's a long wait but the great tasting wings, and drums make up for it. When you walk in you it seems like a small Sushi bar with a calm atmosphere. The staff is very friendly and always making sure you have everything you need. The menu doesn't have much variety but again you don't really need it with such amazing wings. During the afternoon is when i usually go but sometimes time isn't on my side so what I personally do is, call ahead, place an order, pick it up and take it to go and eat where i need to be.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mannassas
“Fantastic is an understatement...the best wings ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

It doesn't look like much from the parking lot and when you enter it is a little small but the reception from the staff is friendly and helpful. Their menu is limited so if you're looking for variety this is not your spot...but...if your are in search of the best chicken you have ever tasted you have just arrived at heaven's gate. The staff will tell you that it take 20-30 minutes to prepare (for those that might be in a hurry it's nice to know upfront) and they do offer appetizers which are quite good but the real reason you want to dine here is the chicken...fresh, crisp..(not heavily breaded and loaded with oil) and huge. Their sauces are wonderful...not overpowering the flavorful chicken. You just cannot go wrong here...order extra and take them home...they reheat very well.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Awesome fried chicken”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

The whole family loved this place. When we arrived it was around 1:00pm on a Saturday and within 30 minutes there were no seats at the inn. The chicken is tender and moist, and I do not know where they get their chickens but they are monsters. There is a farm somewhere producing super sized poultry that is for sure.

We tried the hot chicken and found it to have a good amount of heat, we prefer it a little hotter but it still had a kick. The fried rice was simply the best I have ever had. Spicy, clean, not oily, very good. The coleslaw is also worth ordering and the turnips are a nice break from the heat.

Enjoy!

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sterling, VA
“Best fried chicken I have ever eaten”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

My wife wanted to go to Bon Chon because a coworker recommended it. I did not expect much out of a little "hole in the wall" in a strip center. It was decorated like a small sushi bar. We ordered two small orders of chicken (wings and breast meat) and mixed the two house sauces. The wings were huge! My first taste of the crispy (but not greasy) chicken caused a burst of flavor in my mouth. It was like eating "cotton candy" chicken. I never touched my rice or pickled daikon raddish side. The chicken was so good that we didn't say a word until the plate was clean! I have never ever eaten chicken so tasty in my entire life. The waitstaff are very attentive. They kept our cups full and frequently inquired if we needed anything. Its been two weeks and I have been itching to return ever day. This is a very special place. My new favorite restaurant! Our bill was $26 including an appetizer. I gave a $10 tip because the service was that good!

• Visited August 2012