“Terrible front desk. Excellent room.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking & Wi-Fi
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Centreville
Kanazawa, Japan
“Terrible front desk. Excellent room.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I am a travel agent, and I checked ahead to see which hotels in the area offered an industry rate and based my choice of the Springhill Suites on that. I was calling from the road, so didn't make a reservation on the phone, figuring I'd do it at the door. When I arrived at 10:00 PM, the very rude man at the front desk was currently ending an argument with some other would-be travelers. They walked out with no intention of coming back. I'm not sure what the argument was about. When I asked him for a room at the industry rate I'd been quoted by central reservations at the phone, he said there was no such rate. He would not give me the phone number for central reservations. I had to look it up on my phone, call Marriott, book the room on the phone right there at the front desk with him watching, and only then would he accept the reservation. It was a waste of 15 minutes of both our time for a room that would just be empty if I walked away. 10:00 PM on the night of your stay is not a time for a front desk to haggle over prices. They can sell the room or it can be empty. Foolishness.

That said, the room itself was lovely and spacious, the mattress incredibly comfortable, and the kitchenette and bathroom clean and well appointed. The front desk staff in the morning were very helpful and kind and apologized for my experience the night before.

For anyone staying in the area, check out Spa World and Tous les Jours on Braddock Rd. Amazing spa and bakery.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Chip W, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Centreville Chantilly, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to review the Centreville SpringHill Suites. I apologize for the issues your encountered during your check in. I have shared your comments with my entire staff and also spoke to my Night desk associate. I assure you we will handle the situation better in the future. Also, thanks for your positive comments regarding our room and accomodations. Thanks.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Lindon, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for an extended weekend. At first, we had a difficult time finding the entrance because it wasn't very clear and the gps gave us a wrong location for the entrance. It was right there but off by a few hundred feet which caused us a mile detour just to get turned around. Virginia seems to have a thing for center dividers which force you to find an intersection to turn around. Apart from that, our stay was enjoyable. We had a king bed suite. Other than being wider than a normal hotel room, it looked like they had tried to split a hotel room by adding a wall between the front and the back which left the actual bedroom a bit cramped. The room had a front room with a sofa bed. The rooms are still open to each other because there is no door separating them. Also it had a Minnie-kitchen with a micro-wave, coffee maker, fridge and sink. I wake up much earlier than my wife so it would have been nice to have a full separation between the front and the back with a door in between.

However ... The bed was comfortable, the price was good and the staff were very friendly. We were in and out during the day and evening and we were always greeted with a "welcome back." Breakfast was complimentary and had a nice variety of hot and cold items to choose from. We had a pleasant stay and would probably stay again.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you very for your kinds words regarding the Centreville Springhill Suites. We are working on adding some additional signs to assist with the entrance. Thanks again for your business. Take Care.
Plover, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2015

The front desk receptionist during check-in was so nice. Warm welcome. Rooms were very comfortable. We had requested an accessible room with roll-in shower but changed our mind and requested an accessible room with tub and we were readily accommodated. The continental breakfast was a little bit of a let down. Most places have a waffle maker and we missed having one. The coffee pots are apparently stopped after 1 PM. I didn't know about that and the receptionist asked if hot water was okay and got me some. The next day she had a pot ready! What service!! I was moving into the area and needed temporary accommodation. We stayed there with my wife and in-laws. Next time when my in-laws visit I know where would be a good place to stay.Thank you for a great stay. Maybe add a waffle maker :-)

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Thank you very much for the kinds words regarding my staff at the Centreville SpringHill Suites. I have also passed your concerns regarding breakfast my managment team. Take Care.
Sao Caetano do Sul, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2014

My family and I had a good stay. I would just recommend to improve the breakfast. Great location to someone wants for visit Washington/DC, there is a park and ride near and it is possible go to Washington by car, about 30 min.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Alexandria VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2014

Great location if you're visiting or have business in the Centreville-Chantilly-Manassas-Dulles-Fairfax area. Easy on and off from I-66 and plenty of dining options to choose from within a very short drive. The staff is super friendly, the rooms are spacious and clean. The morning breakfast (free - my favorite price) is more than adequate with a mix of eggs, cereal, pastries/bagels, juices, and coffee. There have been some reviews saying the internet was dodgy, which I am pleased to say I certainly did not experience. The internet was extremely fast for the duration of my stay. Now, the bad. This is obviously a cost-conscious brand for Marriott. Consequently, the construction is not as forgiving as far as keeping your neighbors conversations in your neighbors' room, to say nothing of their blaring TV. I thought at times my upstairs neighbors were going to come crashing through the ceiling at times last night. And the housekeeping staff has no qualms about slamming doors and banging around as they go about their duties. Because I'm a bit of a quiet freak, this is probably not a place I'll come back to in future visits to the area. I will say it did quiet down after about 11pm, although the air conditioning compressor in the room (212) made it sound like someone was idling a Harley just outside my bedroom window at times. All in all, a nice, affordable hotel with a very friendly staff and high-quality freebies (breakfast/internet). And if you're into the indoor pool and whirlpool (which I'm not), it's nice that it's available for those who do enjoy those things. You can easily do worse than this hotel, so I would recommend it if you're not bothered by the sound of your neighbors getting on with their lives.

Room Tip: My east-facing room did get a bit toasty in the morning, although the other sides might get as toast...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Plymouth, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here several years and just stayed again. This is a classic Springhill Suites (ceiling fan, mirrored wall panel in sitting area). Marriott has been remodeling SHS locations and needs to add this one to the list as it is getting worn.

The place was clean and comfortable but lacking in the details:

- Lampshades all off kilter
- TV signal digital for just a few channels and even still was choppy
- table lamp base falling apart
- toilet needed handle "jiggled"
- elevator very dark
- closet missing door

Overall, decent rate just getting worn down and needs a refresh.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Chip W, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Centreville Chantilly, responded to this review, November 7, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review my hotel. We take these issues very seriously and I assure you it will be addressed. Thank you for your business.
Take Care.
Haifa, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2014

The family room is spacious, breakfasts was good, wifi worked well. The indoor pool is a big advantage after a busy day. The location is good for travelling to Washington DC and Shenandoah. Front desk stuff is helpful.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites Centreville Chantilly? Share your experiences!