“Half & Half” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Centreville
Yuma, Arizona
“Half & Half”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Stayed here 2 nights before heading back to the west coast. Clean and quiet just about sums it up. The decor was not the euro one I prefer from Springhill Suites, but it seemed new and crisp, just not my taste.

Also has horribly varied internet, so if you plan to work here, beware, wireless only and depending on location, internet either works well, slow, or not at all, which is annoying but I was here to rest up, and so my family and I enjoyed it. I was in room 429, and the gentlemen across the hall from me sat on the floor down the hall just to get a good signal.....

Beds are very comfortable, and room was very clean feeling. Staff was friendly, professional, and they will make you a to go box breakfast for those having to fly out earlier then the 6am normal breakfast start time. I really appreciate the extra effort. This is a great location as well, although due to the lack of stable internet and the fact that the speed varied so much depending on location within the property, I will likely not stay here again, I do recommend it for those to whom the internet is not a factor.

Room Tip: Only matters if internet is a requirement. Some spots were great, others had a slow signal that drop...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Mason, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

The location is great - between two highways. Interestingly, it's very quiet. The place is clean. The breakfast is standard OK, the staff is very courteous, but the bed, though nice, is too squishy. Overall, we'd stay there again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Chip W, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Centreville Chantilly, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment regarding my hotel. We will certainly take a look at our mattresses and make sure they are up to standards. Thanks again for staying with us. Take Care.
Centreville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

courteous staff. good location with easy access. excellent accomodations. breakfast was very good with many offerings. did not get a chance to use pool or exercise facilities, but looked well attended. cable tv selection was a little weak

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for your kind comments regarding my staff at the Centreville Springhill Suites as well as the accomodations. We are currently working with our provider to upgrade our channel selections. Have a great summer.
Cincinnati, OH, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

This was my first stay at a SpringHill Suites property--I spent one night here on a business trip. The suite was very large with a work area and kitchenette separated from the sleeping area. There was a dressing area outside of the bathroom, which would have been nice if the family had accompanied me on this trip. The bed was comfortable and the TV channel selection was very good. I agree with some other reviewers who say it can be a little difficult to get into the property--there is only one entrance and it is not terribly obvious. Fortunately, I had looked up the property on Google Maps before the trip, so I knew where to enter.

The complimentary breakfast was tasty. The selection was good but I wouldn't call it outstanding. The staff was friendly at check-in and check-out.

Considering you can get a suite at this property for about the same price as a regular room at other hotels in the area, I would definitely stay here again.

One final thought--while the hotel is near a lot of places (Chantilly, Dulles Airport, Fairfax, etc.), be aware that traffic in this area can be horrendous at rush hour. In particular, highway 28 heading south from Dulles can be a parking lot during the evening rush hour. Having lived nearby many years ago, I was able to take some "back" roads (if you can still call them that) and bypass a lot of the traffic. If you are unfamiliar with traffic in this area, please make sure you allow plenty of time to get to your destination.

Room Tip: The rooms on the front of the building face highway 29, which is very busy during rush hour. I was...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments regarding the hotel. Your comments regarding the traffic on route 28 are spot on. Thank you again for your business and I hope you continue to stay with Marriott in the future.
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Stayed 3 nights while in Washington recently and enjoyed the Suite, Hot tub/pool and good Breakfast. I left my phone in the room and was very pleased that the Hotel was able to locate it and for the service from Cindy, operations manager who sent it on time to us in Canada before we left our location.

The Hotel was handy as we were able to drive 10mins to the Vienna metro that took us directly into the city to explore the 2 days we spent there and we didn't have to pay for parking or deal with busy traffic.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank for taking the time to comment regarding the SpringHill Suites as well as my Operations Manager Cindy. I will certainly pass this along to her. Have a great summer.
Beersheba, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We were travelling on a tight budget but did not want to go to a low cost cheap place. We found this hotel on TripAdvisor. It's very close to where we needed to be, easily accessibly from freeways. A short drive from the airport and a short drive from the nearest Metro station. This makes it a good place for a quick bit of Washington DC sight seeing over the weekend. There is ample parking, the front desk staff were charming, warm and friendly. They were also very knowledgeable about the local attractions and they helped me with my travel plans. The rooms are clean, Spring Hill style with a work area, sitting area and sleeping area. WiFi was excellent, all the appliances are in good working order. Breakfast was good too. In fact this really is a very good hotel and great value for money. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
We very much appreciate your kind comments regarding the hotel as well as the staff. We hope you can stay with us again in the future. Best wishes.
Staten Island, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Stayed here for two nights in April, 2014. My main complaint about this property is just getting to the parking lot. The GPS's directions of making a U-Turn into hotel lot can be a little confusing and thus you miss the entrance to the lot. We were not the only people to do this. If the hotel could put better signage up, that would be great.

Check in was a breeze. Rooms are spacious. Two double beds as well as a sofa bed that can sleep 2. There is a small kitchen type area with a kitchen counter, sink, microwave, mini-fridge and a table with chair.

Room was clean. I will say that the beddings provided for the sofa bed did have long hairs in the mattress protector. Clearly they do not wash these very often.

Breakfast buffet is good, except when there is a group of children on some kind of school/club trip taking up every available space in the breakfast area and creating lines 10 - 15 people deep to get to anything. That's annoying. The hotel staff did the best they could to try to contain the crowd and help other guests but I think the main blame for the chaos are the chaperones of the kids.

Once you can get food, there offer hot eggs (scrambled), ham, make your own waffles, yogurt, cereal, breads to toast. Comfortable seating area.

Pool is freezing cold.

All in all I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Chip W, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Centreville Chantilly, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Deborah,
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment regarding the Centreville SpringHill Suites. We are working with Mapquest and Google to fix our overall directions and make sure they are less confusing. We also are looking at ways to improve our signage. Thank you very much for you kind words about the rooms and the breakfast quality. We certainly value your comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Centreville
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Centreville - Manassas
Hampton Inn Manassas
Hampton Inn Manassas
#1 of 19 in Manassas
4.5 of 5 stars 282 reviews

Been to SpringHill Suites Centreville Chantilly? Share your experiences!