“Could have been better” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Centreville
New York City
“Could have been better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

The positive was that the price was very reasonable. We were quoted $89 for a king suite. At check-in, I was quoted a discount rate of $71. When my family and I left, however, I received a bill for $89. I had to convince the desk about the $71 and was finally charged that amount, though I don't think that the woman at the desk believed me. The sofa bed was not made up, and I called the front desk. I was told that the bedding was in the closet. I wish they'd offered to send someone up to make the bed, since the mattress was a bit soiled and uncomfortable to handle. I was surprised that a guest was expected to make up a bed. When the sofa was open, it was difficult to walk past it, since the space was very tight. When the air conditioner was on, a mildewy smell was evident, so we slept with the window, minus a screen, open. By the time we realized this problem, it was late, the sofabed was already made up, and we'd unpacked, so I didn't call for a room change. The carpeting in the hallway needed a cleaning and the breakfast was just OK. I appreciated the fact that they offered quality yogurt, though the rest of the breakfast was so-so. It would be appreciated if kitchen staff put the cutlery stem-up, so other guests don't touch the part that goes in your mouth. On the positive side, the room was clean, the bed comfortable and the room layout was modern. My child appreciated the fact that the sofabed was in a partially set-off area. Be aware that the hotel is behind a health center. It wasn't an obvious find.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Chip W, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Centreville Chantilly, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
I am the general manager at the SpringHill Suites and would like to apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay at my hotel. We continue to try and make sure our guest's have the best experience possible. We continue to look at ways to present the freshest linen for guest's sofa's bed use. We have found that it sometimes is not as fresh if we put in on prior to the guest arrival. We certainly will take a look at our procedures. Our breakfast has just began a major change and we are adding items daily. We just recently replaced all our air conditioning units and should have very few issues with odor. Thank you very much for your comments. I assure you we take these issues very seriously. Have a great summer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I was there just one night as I was looking for something relatively close to IAD airport with reasonable price and quality. In this respect the SpringHill Suites Centreville Manassas has been a very good deal for my needs.
The Suite I got had only one was bed with no much walking space around, but the sofa/table/kitchen area was large enough the accommodate needs of those staying also during the day. In other words the concept is rather different from the usual hotel room (as expected) but I found it appropriate and comfortable despite I had no need of kitchen etc. The split area for bath and sink was also appropriate.
Breakfast was similar to other places in that price category; i.e. OK.
Service was fine and staff was friendly wrt to an extended checkout despite they claimed to be fully booked. Wireless worked fine and the PC in the Business area was very useful for the printer but it would need some improvement to be faster.
I did not use pool etc.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Greensboro,NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stayed at the SpringHill Suites for one night. I am a fan of the SpringHill brand ... especially the newer ones. This was an older one ... and quite frankly, looked like a Hyatt Place based on the halls and room layout. Which is necessarily a bad thing, just unexpected.

Inexpensive for the area and was clean and staff was great.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Hotel was close to highway ramps. Neighborhood had a couple of restaurants and shopping nearby. Subway to Washington was about 10 miutes away, Manassas Battlefield was only a few miles down the road. Rooms were clean (a bit small for a family of 4). Breakfast was sufficient and staff was attentive at keeping breakfast food stocked. Lifeguard was always on site at pool. Best of all the price was great! Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Royersford, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My husband had a jobsite meeting in Chantilly, VA. This hotel had a great location and as always, the Marriott stays true to their policies. Neat, clean always a friendly staff. Rooms immaculate & breakfast a great touch. When possible, we do prefer the SpringHill Suites out of all the Marriott Hotels

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

This is a great value! Nice neighborhood... Right next to Lifetime Fitness. Walking distance to multiple restaurants. This is the only hotel I've ever been to with a lifeguard at the pool. Breakfast was good. Rooms are great!

• Stayed May 2013
New York, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed here because it was the closest hotel to where I needed to be. The staff were friendly and helpful, and check-in was super quick. Room was clean and spacious. Mattress quality was about what you would expect for a non-luxury hotel brand. I slept fine here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites Centreville Chantilly? Share your experiences!