“Great value” 4 of 5 stars

Free Parking & Wi-Fi
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Centreville
“Great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed at SpringHill Suites when visiting friends in Centreville VA. Upon our check-in the staff at the front desk could not have been nicer. We had a king suite which was a good size, very clean & comfortable room. We didn't spend anytime at the hotel, only used the room for a good comfortable nights sleep. They had a very nice free breakfast, but we ate at our friend's home for breakfast.

The only complaint was the parking of coach busses and a tractor trailer in the front front parking lot. This should not have been allowed by the staff. These very large vehicles should not have taken up many spaces in the front lots, but should have been made to park in the back parking lots. I do not require handicapped parking, but I saw many handicap spaces taken by cars without handicap plates/permits. I believe this was because the coach busses were parked in the front lot, so people chose to use handicap spaces rather than parking far away in the back parking lot. This was a failure on the part of the hotel management.

Overall the SpringHill Suites was a great value for the money. We will stay again on our next visit to the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

This was a typical Springhill suites Marriott. You get what you expected to get. Good breakfast, clean facilities, nice indoor pool, clean rooms, standard decorations, the staff was friendly and recognized by platinum membership which I appreciate. The room seemed a little bit small compared to some other Springhill suites that I've stayed in but this may have been because it was a king suite and not a two queen suite. i do recommend staying here if in the Chantilly Manassas area. You can walk across the street to some places to eat. And has good access to route 66.

• Stayed April 2013
Frederick
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed one night, overall was a good hotel. Very friendly staff, and I was able to check in early on Saturday (12:30). Booked a king suite, room was a little on the small side as other reviewers have said, but for the price I thought it was perfectly adequate. Room was clean. Had to put the sheets on the sofa bed,as it was not made up. But, this at least assured that the sheets were clean. With the bed pulled out, it was very cramped if you had to leave the room or get to the kitchen area or computer desk.

I traveled with two small children, so of course we had to go to the pool. While it was open in the early afternoon, the water was too frigid to swim in. The lifeguard told us she had to drain the pool since it was nasty from the night before, and it takes a few hours to warm up. The same was the case for the whirlpool. The lifeguard did let us soak for a bit in the whirlpool since it was still warming up. We never had a chance to use the pool or whirlpool later that night.

Breakfast was decent too, with plenty of tables (bigger space than other hotels). So, overall it was satisfactory for a one-night trip.

Bergen, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This is a good price for a nice, clean place to stay in Northern Virginia (NOVA) but I was underwhelmed by my stay. Let me say first the hotel was clean and well-organised and the staff was polite and spoke English (it's NOVA, often they don't). They had a little store with snacks and travel-size medicines. The pool looked really nice though I did not swim. The rooms are clean and the bathrooms are decent.

Now, some negatives. I had booked two rooms under two names on booking.com which said I would have no deposit and would pay during my stay. When I arrived both I and the other party travelling with us, who intended to pay for themselves, were told the room was pre-paid. I checked with my card and asked the front desk and found out both my original understanding and what we were told at check-in was inaccurate. A hold was made on my card for two rooms plus a security deposit. Why they wanted a $24 security deposit when you already give them your card for incidentals and there is no minibar is beyond me. I was told this was normal and was in case I damaged the room - though, of course, the fine for that would be much higher than $20-odd. It makes no sense. Anyway, we did sort through the billing issue, it just was an unnecessary diversion.

Other problems though - breakfast closes at 9am, which is ridiculously early and wholly unnecessary. The rooms were actually not very roomy, which was a surprise given it is a suite. There was a small amount of suite furniture on one side, half a wall separating it from the bedroom. The TV was in between and you had to tip it one way or the other to see it from the bed or the sofa (but it is not comfortable to watch from the bedroom). The bed or beds, depending on your room, take up virtually the entire floor space of the bedroom, which is not very comfortable.

So, it is a bit like a suite forced into the size of a regular American motel room.

So I recommend the hotel for road travellers who have to stop around NOVA and want a decent rate, but I do not recommend it specifically for those who value comfort.

Alexandria, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Nice rooms.Kinda small for a family.Sometimes our playstation would work with the hdmi cable.
Overall nice hotel for the price we paid for the weekend.($56/night)
Liked the hot tub,pool and fitness room.

Room Tip: Well the rooms are relative small for a family of 4.Ok for 2 people.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
The Hague, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I recently booked a few nights at this hotel to set up hospice care for my mom who lives in the area. My plane got into DCA a bit before midnight and the plan was to stay in the city that evening before I went out to Centreville (about a 40 min drive) the next day. Upon arrival, I had a message that I needed to go see my mom that evening because of an accident. I called the hotel and attempted to arrange an additional night while picking up my car and trying to coordinate with relatives.

The Marriott rep wanted to charge me double the price booked for the evening (it was after midnight by this time), but said the room was available and that I would need to call the hotel to get my original rate. I did, explaining that I was there early due to an emergency with my mom. I spoke to an individual with a heavy accent who did not give his name. He flat out refused to negotiate on the rate and cut me off several times while I was talking. When I said that I knew the room was vacant, and asked if he would rent it at the rate I was paying for the rest of my stay (or at least closer to it) he got very huffy and said "who told you it was vacant? you aren't supposed to know that!" I asked to speak to a manager and he said he was the manager (don't know if this was true). Long story short, I took my business to another hotel after an exhausting day, hours in a hospital and fatigue from being awake for 24 hours.

The next day I came to check in around noon. As a Marriott rewards member, I am "assured" of early check in. I waited for a half hour for my room to be ready (and I know it was vacant the night before) literally starting to doze off in the lobby from my exhaustion. The room was finally open and it was okay-- pretty much what you would expect from a hotel this class and size out in the 'burbs. No sign of the rude "manager" while I was there. Breakfast was simply meh with some gross sausages that were overcooked and very odd rubbery eggs. The make your own waffle thing is always a hit.

I filed a complaint with Marriott and have not yet heard back. I will take my business elswhere in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Annapolis, MD, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel at least six times while visiting family in the ara, and we will be back! The price is low, and fussy me has never had a problem with a dirty room. The bed is comfortable. The breakfast offers many options, including healthy ones. Yogurt, eggs, waffles, cereal, oatmeal, breads, pastries, sausage or ham or bacon, fruit cups, etc. Once they were out of pancake batter, but that is about the extent of my disappointments! Each room has a kitchenette with sink, coffeemaker, microwave and small fridge. There is a desk area with swivel chair, computer hardwire hookups and wifi. There is a separate sitting area with couch (some have pull-out beds) and a comfy upholstered chair . The TV can be swivel-turned toward bed or to sitting area to reduce disturbance to someone sleeping in the bed. Another sink with large mirror is located outside the bathroom. Hair dryer, iron and ironing board, shampoo all provided. We always enjoy our stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to SpringHill Suites Centreville Chantilly? Share your experiences!