This is a good price for a nice, clean place to stay in Northern Virginia (NOVA) but I was underwhelmed by my stay. Let me say first the hotel was clean and well-organised and the staff was polite and spoke English (it's NOVA, often they don't). They had a little store with snacks and travel-size medicines. The pool looked really nice though I did not swim. The rooms are clean and the bathrooms are decent.
Now, some negatives. I had booked two rooms under two names on booking.com which said I would have no deposit and would pay during my stay. When I arrived both I and the other party travelling with us, who intended to pay for themselves, were told the room was pre-paid. I checked with my card and asked the front desk and found out both my original understanding and what we were told at check-in was inaccurate. A hold was made on my card for two rooms plus a security deposit. Why they wanted a $24 security deposit when you already give them your card for incidentals and there is no minibar is beyond me. I was told this was normal and was in case I damaged the room - though, of course, the fine for that would be much higher than $20-odd. It makes no sense. Anyway, we did sort through the billing issue, it just was an unnecessary diversion.
Other problems though - breakfast closes at 9am, which is ridiculously early and wholly unnecessary. The rooms were actually not very roomy, which was a surprise given it is a suite. There was a small amount of suite furniture on one side, half a wall separating it from the bedroom. The TV was in between and you had to tip it one way or the other to see it from the bed or the sofa (but it is not comfortable to watch from the bedroom). The bed or beds, depending on your room, take up virtually the entire floor space of the bedroom, which is not very comfortable.
So, it is a bit like a suite forced into the size of a regular American motel room.
So I recommend the hotel for road travellers who have to stop around NOVA and want a decent rate, but I do not recommend it specifically for those who value comfort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visit SpringHill Suites Centreville Chantilly located near Dulles Expo Center, Washington Dulles International Airport and several shopping centers offering dining and shopping options. Enjoy new healthy and hot breakfast options, complimentary high-speed Internet access, affordable day passes to an adjacent 24 hour fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your SpringHill Suites Centreville Chantilly reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Centreville Manassas Hotel Centreville
- Centreville Springhill Suites