I recently booked a few nights at this hotel to set up hospice care for my mom who lives in the area. My plane got into DCA a bit before midnight and the plan was to stay in the city that evening before I went out to Centreville (about a 40 min drive) the next day. Upon arrival, I had a message that I needed to go see my mom that evening because of an accident. I called the hotel and attempted to arrange an additional night while picking up my car and trying to coordinate with relatives.
The Marriott rep wanted to charge me double the price booked for the evening (it was after midnight by this time), but said the room was available and that I would need to call the hotel to get my original rate. I did, explaining that I was there early due to an emergency with my mom. I spoke to an individual with a heavy accent who did not give his name. He flat out refused to negotiate on the rate and cut me off several times while I was talking. When I said that I knew the room was vacant, and asked if he would rent it at the rate I was paying for the rest of my stay (or at least closer to it) he got very huffy and said "who told you it was vacant? you aren't supposed to know that!" I asked to speak to a manager and he said he was the manager (don't know if this was true). Long story short, I took my business to another hotel after an exhausting day, hours in a hospital and fatigue from being awake for 24 hours.
The next day I came to check in around noon. As a Marriott rewards member, I am "assured" of early check in. I waited for a half hour for my room to be ready (and I know it was vacant the night before) literally starting to doze off in the lobby from my exhaustion. The room was finally open and it was okay-- pretty much what you would expect from a hotel this class and size out in the 'burbs. No sign of the rude "manager" while I was there. Breakfast was simply meh with some gross sausages that were overcooked and very odd rubbery eggs. The make your own waffle thing is always a hit.
I filed a complaint with Marriott and have not yet heard back. I will take my business elswhere in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visit SpringHill Suites Centreville Chantilly located near Dulles Expo Center, Washington Dulles International Airport and several shopping centers offering dining and shopping options. Enjoy new healthy and hot breakfast options, complimentary high-speed Internet access, affordable day passes to an adjacent 24 hour fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your SpringHill Suites Centreville Chantilly reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Centreville Manassas Hotel Centreville
- Centreville Springhill Suites