*Stayed August 8, 2012*
This property was fine for a one night stopover, however, it is well below what I've come to expect from Marriott properties and I would not choose to stay here if I were in the area again.
The front desk staff was nice and the bed was comfortable, but that is where my satisfaction ended.
There is a table just as you exit the elevator on the third floor. There were two glasses on that table when we checked in and they were still there the next morning when we checked out. The room we occupied was very small. When the sofa bed was pulled out, there was barely enough room between it and the TV stand to squeeze by. There is a divider in the room which makes it impossible to lay on the bed and watch TV. The bathroom is very small and the vanity area (located outside the bathroom) would be impossible for two people to use at the same time. There was paint peeling over the air conditioner, near the door and by the fridge/microwave area. There was dried food stuck to the wall behind the kitchenette sink.
The pool area was not well maintained at all. In Virginia there is a law that every public pool must have a lifeguard. As others have noted, the pool hours are very limited at this property (I believe it's 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.), which I assume is because they don't want to pay a lifeguard for the whole day. Knowing that there is someone being paid to sit in the pool area for five hours a day makes what we encountered totally unacceptable. In the first place, the lifeguard sat and played on her phone the entire time we were in the pool and didn't look up at us once. There was a used band aid stuck to the side of the pool. There were missing, cracked and loose tile all over the floor. Besides being unsightly, it's a potential hazard. The clock was not working and the pool was well below a comfortable temperature.
Breakfast also bordered on unacceptable. The eggs were overcooked and rubbery. The sausage was dry and also overcooked. Everything tasted like it had been microwaved. The breakfast area was also not very clean, with crumb buildup in every corner of the counter top. It looked like it hadn't been wiped down properly in weeks.
I was very glad that this was only a one night stay, because I think had I made a reservation for more than that, I'd have cancelled the other nights. There was just too many things that were wrong.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visit SpringHill Suites Centreville Chantilly located near Dulles Expo Center, Washington Dulles International Airport and several shopping centers offering dining and shopping options. Enjoy new healthy and hot breakfast options, complimentary high-speed Internet access, affordable day passes to an adjacent 24 hour fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo and Marriott so you can book your SpringHill Suites Centreville Chantilly reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Centreville Manassas Hotel Centreville
- Centreville Springhill Suites