“Good Value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Centreville
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

When I checked in on Sunday Dec 23, 2012 the front desk clerk was very courtious and friendly. I was checked in quickly and without any problems.
My wife was traveling with me and we had a 2 bed suite. Upon arrival at the room, we found it to be completely ready for occupancy and clean.
There was a refrigerator and microwave which are always handy. The coffee pot was a 4 cup pot and not the 1 cup pots which are, unfortunately, becoming the standard these days.Unfortunately the coffee wasn't very good, but since I always take my own it didn't effect me to any extent.
Internet access was quick and easy and free which is always nice.
The TV was of nice size but since I never turned it on I can't evaluate the selection of channels which were made available.
The bed was quiet comfortable and I slept very well throughout the night.That can't be said for all hotels.
There was one major disadvantage. The entrance into the area containing the lavatory and bathroom was at the foot of the beds. There was no door which could close it from the sleeping area. Thus when an occupant of the room gets up in the AM and turns on the light over the lavatory the other occupant of the room might be disturbed by the light or the noise of running water.
The breakfast each morning consisted of scrambled eggs (slightly overdone), Canadian bacon, and sausage patty. There was also various cereals, bagels, English muffin, sweet muffins, yogurt, and waffles.
Overall, it was a good room (we stayed for 3 nights) and an excellent value.
I would certainly recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a place to stay while in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Shelby, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I was very disappointed with my stay. My room was very cramped. I had to walk side ways to get to my closet. The room was so tight they put the dresser/tv in the walkway between the sleeping area and living area, which in turn made it difficult to maneuver between the rooms. The bed was so close to the cooling unit that it made it hard to cool the room because the person sleeping near the unit froze to death. Not what you would expect when you think of saying in a suite. The walls were so thin I could hear my neighbor sneeze. The breakfast area was too small to accommodate the number of guest checked-in that weekend. I always had to eat in my room. There was never any food hot food left. The hotel was in a good area, but hard to get find/get to especially at night. The front desk never answered. One time I let the phone ring over 20 times and no one picked up. I had to use my cell and call the front desk that way. I guess potential guest get faster service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Very good location.

Right by intersection of I-66 and rt 29.

Checked in late and left early, but staff was very accommodating with our short turn around.

Since I only stayed in the hotel for about 6 hrs, I couldn't check the amenities, but for sure the best part was that coffee was ready at 500am!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Anaheim, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed here the night before leaving the DC area. On weekdays, similar hotels near Dulles or in the metro DC area are about $70-150 more. So this saved us some money while not being too far away from Dulles. It is about 25-35 minutes to Dulles on V28 depending on traffic.

The hotel was ok. It could use an upgrade in decor and furnishings, though the beds were comfortable. You are far away from the airport, so jet noise is not a problem, though you are next to the Lee Highway which is busy.

The hotel is close to a variety of restaurants that are a few blocks away or so. The hotel can use better signage as to how to get there, since it is close to a major highway intersection that a seemingly logical turn to the hotel leads to an on ramp that takes you miles away before the next exit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Greenwood, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

My company's offices are in Manassas, and when I come into town I stay at this property. Rooms are spacious enough, and include a separate sitting area with wet bar and large work space. Bathroom is laid out a little awkwardly but it's not an issue with using the room. Facilities are nice, breakfast is reasonably good (not amazing, not awful) and the location is great. I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Yonkers, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We have used this Spring Hill Suites several times as our base in the DC area. Whether for visiting friends, historical/cultural sites, or meeting people at the relatively nearby Dulles AP, we have never been disappointed. After reading the other reviews, I have to disagree with the negatives about space, decor and staff. The hotel has always been clean, rooms sufficiently large, with courteous staff and appropriate amenities and an ample hot breakfast. Do they treat us better because we are Marriott Rewards members? I doubt it, because we are not heavy hitters. So, for the price we usually pay when staying here, nothing decent in the general area comes close. Just to add to the location positives, there are a good number of fine restaurants nearby (some almost in walking distance) or up along Route 50 or in the Sterling area closer to the airport.

Room Tip: High up is usually better; some traffic noise can be heard on week days.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
faiza333
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

we stayed here for a week.

location: bit difficult to find. great array of restraunts and amenities nearby. Go to Giant for food needs as you have fridge and microwave in your room

wifi: poor. didnt work for first few days. once it did, was a bit slow. but is free so cant compalin

breakfast: average/poor. Getting a seat was ridiculously difficult. choices were average, with some days only having one cereal to choose. not impressed

sleep comfort: pillows werent great, beds were ok size

room: good use of space, not the biggest but lots of seating areas so all good

staff: very friendly. kids loved the free lollies at the reception! husband loved the free coffee till 2pm

pool: didnt get a chance to use, but looked small.

bathroom: not impressed, hate having the sink outside the toilet, would prefer a bigger bathroom. shower was ok but the bathroom was very old school

decor: very poor. old and really brings the place down.

room amenities: plentiful. everything u could need. fantastic!

we got a good rate so for that im glad we stayed there

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites Centreville Chantilly? Share your experiences!