“Great local restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 92 restaurants in Centreville
Cuisines: Italian
“Great local restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

San Vito is a local restaurant, not a chain. The food is outstanding from the pasta dishes to the pizza. The crab dip appetizer is also among the best I've had. The staff is very friendly and accomodating. The atmosphere is nice and you can either "dress up" or go as you are. Also, you never have to wait for a table, even on the weekend.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
Oak Hill, Virginia, United States
“Great Local Italian Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

When we moved to Herndon, we fell in love with San Vito's in Franklin Farm, which later became Piero's Corner. When I saw the living social voucher for San Vito's in Centreville, I had to give it a try. The living social voucher was probably the best deal I've ever bought. My husband and I were inundated with food, a lot of which we boxed up, and it was all so delicious!

For starters, the bread with pesto dipping sauce was divine. The bread was fresh and the dipping sauze was yummy! I had the grilled calamari appetizer and my husband had the Antipasta Italiano, both of which were huge. The calamari was grilled to perfection and my husband loved the antipasti in spite of the greens being a little dry. We shared the Caprese Campana, which was also yummy although I prefer bigger slices of fresh mozzarella to mozzarella balls.

I had the crab stuffed tilapia, which was also very good (loved the garlic spinach) although I had to box most of it as I was full. Looking forward to the leftovers for dinner tonight. My hubby had the Misto Di Pesce with vodka cream sauce, which was chock full of seafood and flavor.

We shared a cannoli, which was also yummy and had to pack up our 2nd dessert - tirimasu - which we will eat with our leftovers tonight.

We have been looking for a good neighborhood Italian restaurant, and found it in San Vito's. It is family friendly, affordable, and delicious. We love Piero's Corner in Herndon, but think San Vito's is more affordable, family friendly, and just as delicious with huge portions. The waitstaff were very attentive, and we will definitely be back.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Centreville, Virginia
“Great Italian Wine Bar & Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Good food, nice atmoshpere, and a wine bar! They offer several kinds of pizza with an authentic flavor and presentation. The menu offers a good variety and the food quality has been very consistent. You can also linger at the wine bar with a friend to pass the time. Nice to have in the neighborhood.

Visited September 2012
Alexandria, Virginia
“Very fast service - A little too fast.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I bought a living social deal for San Vito to try it out. We did make reservations for 7:00 pm on a Saturday night but it was not crowded so they really were not needed. The food tasted good. The reason I am giving them an average rating, not better is because they rushed all the food out. We had just recieved our appetizers and the salad came. Before we could finish the appetizers and salad the entree came. Now they were not busy so I did not see the rush. The chocolate mouse pie was fabulous. I would not recomment the crab appetizer. We are not sure but my husband ate that and I did not. It did not agree with him at all. The servers were very nice, the restaurant was clean and comfortable. The bread with pesto was also very good!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“I'd like to give a 3.5”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

This is a great little neighborhood spot. The service is consistently friendly and the bread with pesto that they serve at your table gratis is out of this world!

My sweetie loves the Steak and Cheese on the lunch menu and I've always enjoyed the pastas. The food is fresh and plentiful.

My only complaint -- salt, salt and more salt. I can only assume that a) the chef doesn't taste the food/sauces on the specials before sending it out or b) he/she is a 3 pack a day smoker and they can't tell how oversalted the food is.

Otherwise I like the creativity, I love the convenience and I adore Wine Wednesdays!

• Visited August 2012