“Very fast service - A little too fast.” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Alexandria, Virginia
“Very fast service - A little too fast.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I bought a living social deal for San Vito to try it out. We did make reservations for 7:00 pm on a Saturday night but it was not crowded so they really were not needed. The food tasted good. The reason I am giving them an average rating, not better is because they rushed all the food out. We had just recieved our appetizers and the salad came. Before we could finish the appetizers and salad the entree came. Now they were not busy so I did not see the rush. The chocolate mouse pie was fabulous. I would not recomment the crab appetizer. We are not sure but my husband ate that and I did not. It did not agree with him at all. The servers were very nice, the restaurant was clean and comfortable. The bread with pesto was also very good!

• Visited September 2012

“I'd like to give a 3.5”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

This is a great little neighborhood spot. The service is consistently friendly and the bread with pesto that they serve at your table gratis is out of this world!

My sweetie loves the Steak and Cheese on the lunch menu and I've always enjoyed the pastas. The food is fresh and plentiful.

My only complaint -- salt, salt and more salt. I can only assume that a) the chef doesn't taste the food/sauces on the specials before sending it out or b) he/she is a 3 pack a day smoker and they can't tell how oversalted the food is.

Otherwise I like the creativity, I love the convenience and I adore Wine Wednesdays!

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Beavercreek, Ohio
“Terrific little place -- I Will Definitely Return!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

I had a wonderful dinner here! Great service too! And with half-price wine Wednesday, how can I complain? I cannot complain... I just have a few little nit-picks because I am persnickety. But that's for later. First, the raves: My waitress, Nicole, was extremely professional and knowledgeable; when I asked her an esoteric question, she went to find the answer. My wine selections (with help from Nicole) were perfect. My entree (Spaghetti Portovenere) was absolutely wonderful -- exactly what I needed this night. Portion: very generous; presentation: beautiful (I took a photo!); taste: Mmmm-mmmm comfort food - I licked my fingers. The atmosphere was quaint, lovely, and comfortable. Bread was served with a lovely olive oil - pesto - cheese dipping tray. The Caesar salad was properly dressed. Wow! This is the kind of place where I will return again and again.
To balance my review, because I like perfection, I have just a couple of suggestions for improvement. The bread I was served was rather stale. Owell -- I am glad in a way, because I saved room for all the better stuff to come. Also, while my Caesar salad was adorned with plenty of nice-looking homemade croutons, they did not taste good, nor did they have the right crunch. That may seem like a petty complaint; however, it's so easy to make really good croutons, especially when you have a plethora of stale bread, so this seemed like a silly mistake.
In summary, this was a terrific dinner experience, and I feel so lucky to have found this fabulous little place. I will definitely go back next chance I have! I pretty much agree with their website tag line: "For an authentic, yet casual Italian dining experience, a visit to one of our San Vito Restaurants is a must."

“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

This is the third or fourth restaurant in this location and by far the best. The entrees rival the best in NYC and the appetizers are wonderful. Try the grilled calimari. It is an complete meal in itself. The warm bread presented with a plate of fresh pesto and parmesan fills you up so that you have to box half your entree. There is also a bar area with large TVs to catch your favorite team. The desserts leave a bit to be desired but who has room after the dinner.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Centreville, Virginia
“Great Little Italian Bistro”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

My wife and I were out for a walk and broke our journey at San Vito. It was Wednesday, half-price bottles of wine. We had a Tempranillo, and held ourselves to a glass each because we had a mile walk home, light bodied and fruity. I had ravioli with mushrooms and a spinach like vegetable with a Caesar salad. Very tasty and nicely presented. The bread and pesto were excellent. My wife had lasagna, but she judged it fairly average as lasagna goes, nothing to write home about. Service was friendly and attentive. Place used to be Milano's then something else. This is a real step up!