“Terrific little place -- I Will Definitely Return!” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Beavercreek, Ohio
“Terrific little place -- I Will Definitely Return!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

I had a wonderful dinner here! Great service too! And with half-price wine Wednesday, how can I complain? I cannot complain... I just have a few little nit-picks because I am persnickety. But that's for later. First, the raves: My waitress, Nicole, was extremely professional and knowledgeable; when I asked her an esoteric question, she went to find the answer. My wine selections (with help from Nicole) were perfect. My entree (Spaghetti Portovenere) was absolutely wonderful -- exactly what I needed this night. Portion: very generous; presentation: beautiful (I took a photo!); taste: Mmmm-mmmm comfort food - I licked my fingers. The atmosphere was quaint, lovely, and comfortable. Bread was served with a lovely olive oil - pesto - cheese dipping tray. The Caesar salad was properly dressed. Wow! This is the kind of place where I will return again and again.
To balance my review, because I like perfection, I have just a couple of suggestions for improvement. The bread I was served was rather stale. Owell -- I am glad in a way, because I saved room for all the better stuff to come. Also, while my Caesar salad was adorned with plenty of nice-looking homemade croutons, they did not taste good, nor did they have the right crunch. That may seem like a petty complaint; however, it's so easy to make really good croutons, especially when you have a plethora of stale bread, so this seemed like a silly mistake.
In summary, this was a terrific dinner experience, and I feel so lucky to have found this fabulous little place. I will definitely go back next chance I have! I pretty much agree with their website tag line: "For an authentic, yet casual Italian dining experience, a visit to one of our San Vito Restaurants is a must."

86% Recommend
Centreville, Virginia
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

This is the third or fourth restaurant in this location and by far the best. The entrees rival the best in NYC and the appetizers are wonderful. Try the grilled calimari. It is an complete meal in itself. The warm bread presented with a plate of fresh pesto and parmesan fills you up so that you have to box half your entree. There is also a bar area with large TVs to catch your favorite team. The desserts leave a bit to be desired but who has room after the dinner.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Centreville, Virginia
“Great Little Italian Bistro”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

My wife and I were out for a walk and broke our journey at San Vito. It was Wednesday, half-price bottles of wine. We had a Tempranillo, and held ourselves to a glass each because we had a mile walk home, light bodied and fruity. I had ravioli with mushrooms and a spinach like vegetable with a Caesar salad. Very tasty and nicely presented. The bread and pesto were excellent. My wife had lasagna, but she judged it fairly average as lasagna goes, nothing to write home about. Service was friendly and attentive. Place used to be Milano's then something else. This is a real step up!

Virginia
“Wonderful Italian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

My wife and I went with a Loving Social voucher and did what it was supposed to: exposed us to a restaurant that we will return to. We got there before the dinner rush so we had time to sit quietly while we worked with Erin to decide what to get. The voucher was the best deal ever and we ended up taking more than half of every course (except dessert) home. Food was pretty authentic, very nice presentation and taste, and surprisingly large portions relative to the menu prices. That, plus service, are all on the plus side. On the down side, seems like the expresso/cappuccino machine wasn't working. Also a slight mismatch between decor/interior and the menu. Menu seems to reach for upscale (and does a nice job) but the interior isn't reaching that high. Folks can dress casually and not feel out of place. Nice touch posting the retail cost of the wine in the wine menu - helps people know they are not getting ripped off with a 3X mark-up. Our bottle has a ~1.5X mark-up. By the time we left, many parties and families came in and took away the atmosphere for quite conversation. Without the coupon, two full apps, a large salad (which Erin split into seperate plates), two entrees, two dessers and two coffees and a bottle of nice Chianti came to under $100 (with tax, before tip). A great Centreville find.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fairfax, VA
“A good local Italian restaurant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012 via mobile

Made a last minute decision to drop by for a quick bite for lunch with my family recently.
The place was much bigger than expected. It is casual but well kept.
The service was non-intrusive and the cesar salad was good with its dressing not too overpowering.
We had lunch specials on Sunday. The chicken was rather dry but the pasta was el dente. Kids loved the pasta.
The bread was fresh. We did not have room for the desert because the portions were generous.
Looks like we will be back to try the dinner on another occasion.