“First time, but certainly not the last!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Herndon, VA
“First time, but certainly not the last!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This was our family's first time dining at Copper Canyon Grill and we were very impressed. Our wait staff was attentive but not bothersome, the ambiance felt cozy even in the midst of an open dining area, and the food.....well, you have to come for the food.

Our sons are now of an age where they enjoy and appreciate good food. And Copper Canyon Grill, with their "scratch" cooking, delivers on taste and quality. Our oldest son had their signature rotisserie chicken, and he LOVED the blend of 32 rubbed spices and the moistness of the chicken. Our middle son had the meatloaf. This isn't your ordinary meatloaf, but one made with italian sausage to give it a kick. He too really enjoyed his dinner. Our youngest had an appetizer so he could sample everyone's plate. My husband and I had seafood, and we were very pleased with our tasty meals and the serving size. Warning - SHARE a dessert. The serving sizes of the desserts are more than one person can comfortably consume. But they are tasty and a great way to wrap up a delightful evening out with friends and/or family.

Please go try this restaurant. If you are from out of town, you will be happy you selected Copper Canyon Grill, given the numerous restaurants available to you in the area. If you live around here, it will be a new favorite for you, whether for special occassions, or when you are tired of over-processed, frozen then microwaved, large chain restaurant food.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Warrenton, Virginia
“To die for!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Love this place! The rotisserie chicken is awesome! I don't like chicken skin at all and I ate it here. Wifey had the salmon and that was impeccable. Service was fantastic, just wish there were more customers. Kinda scares me - I don't want this place to go anywhere! If this place were in Fairfax there would be a line around the building. I like it better than Bonefish or Sweetwater!

Visited March 2013
“great night with friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

i went there with a bunch a friends and we all had a great meal, great appetizers. our service was outstanding and the price was awesome for all of the food that we ate. i would recomend this place to any group or family looking for a great meal with great service.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Outstanding Service, Really Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

If you follow my reviews, I generally do not review, restaurants, based on one experience but rather wait until I have at least two or more experiences. I have been to the Centreville Copper Canyon Grill at least five times and believe I can share a fair evaluation based on experience.

The service at this restaurants is outstanding. The appetizer arrived within minutes of providing our order to the server. The wait staff kept our water and/or soda glasses filled consistently throughout the evening, yet we never felt rushed. Following the appetizer, our meals arrived within a reasonable amount of time and are always well prepared.

The entrees are very good though if you are expecting an out of this world experience, that is not what this restaurant is about. It is about, in my opinion, consistently good menu selections and execution throughout the menu. The Centreville location delivers this consistently.

As someone that has been afforded the opportunity to eat at some of the best restaurants throughout the world, it is nice that when I get home, I can go to this restaurant and leave feeling that I received great service, a really good meal, all at a reasonable price.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good wait staff, average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

The wait staff at Copper Canyon have always been nice, pleasant and helpful. They work in a team concept and your water glass is never empty. The food on the other hand is not as good. The chicken is cooked on the rotisserie there in the dining area and is ok and the steak is normally ok, but it also comes with a massive amount of mashed potatos and a couple of overdone, tasteless vegetables. This is a place I want to like and keep giving last chances to, but I don't think I will be giving them another last chance after their next one.

Visited February 2012