“Outstanding Service, Really Good Food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Outstanding Service, Really Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

If you follow my reviews, I generally do not review, restaurants, based on one experience but rather wait until I have at least two or more experiences. I have been to the Centreville Copper Canyon Grill at least five times and believe I can share a fair evaluation based on experience.

The service at this restaurants is outstanding. The appetizer arrived within minutes of providing our order to the server. The wait staff kept our water and/or soda glasses filled consistently throughout the evening, yet we never felt rushed. Following the appetizer, our meals arrived within a reasonable amount of time and are always well prepared.

The entrees are very good though if you are expecting an out of this world experience, that is not what this restaurant is about. It is about, in my opinion, consistently good menu selections and execution throughout the menu. The Centreville location delivers this consistently.

As someone that has been afforded the opportunity to eat at some of the best restaurants throughout the world, it is nice that when I get home, I can go to this restaurant and leave feeling that I received great service, a really good meal, all at a reasonable price.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

83% Recommend
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good wait staff, average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

The wait staff at Copper Canyon have always been nice, pleasant and helpful. They work in a team concept and your water glass is never empty. The food on the other hand is not as good. The chicken is cooked on the rotisserie there in the dining area and is ok and the steak is normally ok, but it also comes with a massive amount of mashed potatos and a couple of overdone, tasteless vegetables. This is a place I want to like and keep giving last chances to, but I don't think I will be giving them another last chance after their next one.

Visited February 2012
Aurora, Colorado
“Good food, excellent service, prices are a bit high”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We have eaten here many times and there is a lot to like about this restaurant in my opinion: they have outdoor seating on the patio when the weather is nice, and there is a firepit there that is nice as well; they take reservations, and you can also use Open Table to make reservations; in general they do not seem to be nearly as busy as other restaurants in this area of Centreville so it is easier to get in without waiting; the food is good quality and the service has always been excellent.

My only real complaint with Copper Canyon is I feel the prices are a bit high. Last night my wife had a New York strip steak and I had a burger. I had one beer, she had a soda - we had no appetizer and no dessert - the bill was $52. My burger was $14 and, while good, it is no better than one I can get elsewhere (Main St Pub in Clifton, Sweetwater Tavern, Coastal Flats, etc) for about $10. Several appetizers, not fancy, are in the $14 range as well.

We like Copper Canyon because, as I mentioned earlier, the food is good, the atmosphere is nice, they are accommodating with kids, it is usually not as busy as other restaurants in the area, the outdoor seating is nice, they can accommodate fairly large groups, and the service has always been top notch during our visits. I just think that, in general, they charge too much compared to other similar choices in the area.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nashville, Tennessee
“Excellent Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Good food and excellent service. The smoked salmon was fantastic. Has outdoor seating by gas firepit.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
US
“Wonderful surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Delicious! Beautiful intimate atmosphere, but kid-friendly at the same time. Service was fantastic and beef tip salad was unique and very flavorful. Will definitely return to try rotisserie chicken!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere