“MAINTENANCE ISSUES” 2 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Stafford, Virginia
“MAINTENANCE ISSUES”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I have been a customer of Spa World for about 2 years. I visited yesterday and feel the maintenance of the systems needs some attention. Overall the facility is still very nice. But ... The last 3 (yes three) times I visited there were 4 stations in the Blade Pool where the jets did not work. I understand broken equipment but for the same jets to be broken for over 3 months is excessive.

Steam room and Dry Sauna. Way too hot. The floor in the steam room was too hot to stand. Borderline unsafe.

Also noise is an increasing issue. The mushroom waterfall in the center is seldom used but is very very loud. The place is relaxing when it's off. I suggest keeping it off.

Visited September 2013

Washington, DC
13 attraction reviews
“A lot for the Senses to Take In but Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

As with many of the other reviewers, I had a Groupon to use. I wasn't sure what to expect and kept delaying and finally on a super hot day in July went by myself. I would hate to go in not knowing anything at all and had thankfully received some information from a friend who goes frequently. Here is the information I think you need to make a first visit a nice visit.

1. It's open 24/7. Awesome. It's in an old strip mall and takes up a large space, perhaps it was the anchor grocery store of the strip mall. Free and plentiful parking.

2. You enter to a reception area and check-in. This is where they give you a piece of a paper with a number on it. That number corresponds to a locker for your shoes, which also has a bracelet key that becomes you key for your locker in the male or female locker room and your credit card for any charges you make once in the spa. One color for men and one for women. This is also where you buy your massage if you want one - the official massage, not the rub down which you get in the pool room. It was my first visit and I was pretty clear to the recpetion staff about not knowing what to do or expect and got friendly but very basic information. From this point on, due to language challenges, I was on my own. So, get in all your questions here.

3. You will enter into the locker room and locate your locker. You're now barefoot and will remain this way for the rest of the visit. I found the locker, got naked, took a deep breath and moved out to the pool room for a thorough shower first - required and others will glare at you if you don't - and then into the pool. If you want to get the scrubs, you sign up with an attendant in the locker room. Also this is where you can pick up a dish cloth sized towel.

4. The pool was awesome. Lots of "areas" where the jets and sprays are aimed at different body parts. The idea is to spend a few minutes in each area and kind of do the circuit. I found some areas I liked better and kind of floated around. It wasn't that crowded so it didn't seem to matter. Also in this room are a few jacuzzi type pools, including a cold plunge pool. The temperatures of the pools are conveniently posted on the walls. This is a great feature throughout Spa World. There are two saunas in here also - I sat in each just so I could say I did.

5. There is a scrub area in this room where you can scrub yourself, if you bring your own scrubbing supplies. They have step stools that you sit on - get a towel first. The water in the pool feels so good and I can imagine either a paid scrub or a self scrub would be a great add.

6. After the pool room, and probably a quick shower (they have shampoo and conditioner and soap), you return to your locker and put on the orange shirt and long shorts they gave you at check in. Both men and women wear these in the co-ed part of the spa. they are comfortable if not attractive.

7. At this point, you can leave you stuff in your locker and go enjoy the poultice rooms, or bring your stuff - book, computer, etc, and just lounge around. I did the rooms first, popping in for a few minutes planning to hit each one until I ran out of steam. They have placards outside the rooms that tell you what the room mineral is and what it is supposed to help (healthwise). They also have the temperatures posted, which is good because many of the rooms are super hot. They had one ice room which to me was awesome and a pretty cool room with clay balls that are heated that you can bury yourself in.

8. I did the rooms for awhile, and then got my book and found a mat to relax on. Bring a little towel with you and you can put it on the square pillow thing and lie down. I rested for awhile, reading and napping. You can do this on the floor or in many couches and chairs around the room. This co-ed area is big with the center reserved for lying on the floor on thin mats and the perimeter for the couches and chairs. It wasn't crowded so some people were lounging across entire couches. It's all very quiet and calm. A few families, some couples, but to me it mainly looked like people there by themselves.

9. They have a snack bar with a TV on mute with captions. The snack bar area seemed clean and the menu looked okay but it was missing those yummy ice cream moochis. They would be a perfect addition. Skipping the snack bar, I went into the restaurant. Nice cool calm environment there with pictures of the food and numbers on the wall. You order, and they buzz you to pick it up at the counter when it's ready. It was good. A little overpriced but I guess there's a real convenience factor to having a meal or snack barefoot in your orange lounging suit. You pay by providing your bracelet. This is how you pay for everything throughout your time in the spa.

10. Off of the main room there is an arcade and a fitness center if you're so inclined.

11. About 3 hours later I was done. I felt I'd experienced what I could experience and decided I would like to come back. I showered (you get sweaty in those hot rooms), dressed and made my way back to the reception area. This being my first visit, I didn't know how it worked and tried to get my shoes. Hint, you can't get your shoes until you've paid your bill. So, I paid, got my shoes and left. It was so hot outside but the whole spa world experience was cooling and calming.

I'm not sure Spa World is handicapped accessible. I don't see anything on their webpage and don't recall seeing any assisted devices so if this is a concern, suggest you check in advance.

Bonaire, Georgia
“Great Place for Peace of Mind and Body”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Got my wife a gift card for her to go and get pampered! Nothing but great appreciation for this place by sending a refreshed and relaxed woman back to me. Very great customer service and so much to choose from, you're not limited to certain things to do. Great place for one to go and relax and get that stress from a hard week out and gone!

Visited October 2012
northern va
“Clean, efficient operation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband and I visited Spa World this evening on a Groupon coupon. Every person we encoutered was extremely nice, professional and accomodating. We were checked in, changed clothes and tried out the saunas and poultice rooms together. I opted for the body scrub. Wow! I'm ready for another! The attendant scrubbed every inch of skin! It was never uncomfortable or painful. Yes, lots of dead skin, now left with soft, tender skin. There were a couple families with rambunctous kids, but the staff discreetly spoke with them.
We ordered food which was satisfying. There are plenty of water dispensers around the spa, so no need to go thirsty.
overall a great experience! We're planning our next visit!
I recommend you read the reviews, then go check it out.

9 attraction reviews
“The best place to go when you feel tired”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

My husband and I discovered that place a few years ago when they open that location. It is a Japanese/ Korean bath house/spa. It is the place you will easily understand by trying it out rather than getting an opinion by somebody’s description. There are four bathing pools in the naked area the biggest has different jets (about 20 different kinds). There are two hot small pools, one with jets. The third small pool contains cool water. Also there is a steam room and a hot sauna. In the bathing area they have a very authentic scrub, when someone will pill/exfoliate your old skin from the entire body by robbing and washing. There is also an option to get it with acupressure massage. The scrub and massage are for additional fees. In unisex area you will wear a special uniform provided you at the entrance. That area contains six different saunas and a cool room with the ice all over the walls. They have red clay, amethyst, onyx, charcoal, and two of my favorites: the red clay balls and Himalayan salt saunas. All of them has different temperature and detailed descriptions by the entrance doors about benefits you will get by spending 10-15 minutes inside each of them. Generally you are switching between hot saunas and cool room. The filters with water is provided in the bathing and unisex areas. Also they have free Wi-Fi and lots of big screen TVs inside the unisex area. Also there are Korean restaurant, shiatsu and food massage for additional fees. Everywhere you are going to wear on your wrist the key from you locker which is going to be used as your electronic wallet any time you decide to buy food or services. You will pay the balance upon exiting and your shoes will be locked until you pay off your balance. 
Gym and a gender oriented sleeping rooms are free of charge. So if you decide to go you have to give yourself at least 4-6 hours to relax and enjoy it. Every time I have close friend in the town or if I feel that my body needs relaxation I go there and always end up with the same very pleasant result.
Try it at once and you will dream to go back again!