“great to relax” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Annandale, Virginia, United States
“great to relax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

this is a wonderful place to relax; one of the reviewers noticed mostly Koreans and Europeans; if Americans are bothered that they have to be naked, don't go, and if you go, don't complain about it, what's wrong about being naked? and if you proceed to the Pultice room, yes, you will find people relaxing in their orange outfits on mats, talking softly, watching TV or reading, walking in and out of the various saunas; so, why does a (former) visitor complain about it? just use your own judgement and don't always look for "instructions", find out yourself; and if you go to the clay room, watch out for the pebbles, you might fall, don't look for "watch your step" you are on your own: and this is just fine! be a person with common sense!
I love this place!

Falls Church, Virginia
“Will Definitely Go Back--even without a Groupon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I had a great first experience at Spa World. We arrived early before the crowds and started with an amazing reflexology foot massage. The only thing that could have made that better would be having music in the room and not the annoying Korean soap opera that was on the TV. From there we experienced all the dry saunas in the poulice room. They were all hot and detoxing and offered a nice break from the cool outdoors of the past few days. From there we did an hour in the bade pool in preparation for a 30 minute body scrub. The nudity part was no big deal after the initial first minute of being self-conscious. The body scrub was rough but I loved it and ending with a nice full body massage made me want to come back for the hour long one with the facial. After that it was back to the bade pool and the poulice room for about another hour. Great place as long as you aren't expecting doting staff. They were perfectly nice but aren't going for any customer service awards. And to the reviewer that didn't like the way they treated her 16 mo. old--I say, leave the kids at home. It's an adult oriented spa not a play ground or day care center (though I think you can pay for babysitting).

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 attraction reviews
“Horrible customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

The staff at the front desk a rude and not helpful. I had a problem and they were very argumentative and refused to help. When I asked for manger they asked me to wait. After 5 minutes and i asked where is the manager, she said "oh, the manager is busy now". Too bad this is the only baths in town, otherwise I would not go there. As foir the facility it self, its ok but dont go on weekend as they admit too many people and you will feel like a sardine in the saunas and pools.

Visited January 2013
“An amazing, affordable spa, I'M HOOKED!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

PLEASE READ: I don't really write reviews, but this one had to be done. I've never heard of this place until my friend invited me. It's about 30 min outside of DC right off 66. When I was looking at the pictures before hand I thought very nice, but for the price I thought the pictures were docked up to make the place look better than it really did. Well, after my 45 min ride there I parked in a strip mall, mainly full with Asian branded stores, the grocery store there is H-mart. Anyway, once inside, I was AMAZED! the place looks just like the pictures, clean, very clean. So, once you pay your 35.00 for basic service, just to go to the bade pool & the 7 polutice rooms, they give you an electronic key which serves as your locker key and payment key for additional services. The bade pool is fully nude, I was nervous but u get used to it fast. Next time I'm getting the body scrub. The restaurant, nothing is priced over 15.00 and the food it amazing! I easily spent 6 hours in there. There is one thing, if you go on the weekend get there early because around 2pm it starts getting supper crowded. Any questions, just ask, I'll try to answer all.

Washington DC
3 attraction reviews
“Not family friendly; terrible customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

My family and I went and spent $215 in services and were treated terribly. My 16 month daughter needed some fresh air to nap so I stepped outside the main entrance after less than 5 minutes in the locker room. In fact i had not even opened my daughter's locker. We were denied reentry to join the rest of our family nor would they provide a refund. Neither policy (no reentry or refund) is posted although they have a sign that says you cannot bring your own blanket. They charged my 16 month old $20 although she is prohibited from using the bade pool or poultice room - there isn't anything else in the facility so she would have just come in to sit in the main common area. They should post a sign on their premises and on the website that says, "children not welcome."