“An amazing, affordable spa, I'M HOOKED!” 4 of 5 stars

Update attraction details
Ranked #1 of 10 attractions in Centreville
Type: Spas
Attraction Details
“An amazing, affordable spa, I'M HOOKED!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

PLEASE READ: I don't really write reviews, but this one had to be done. I've never heard of this place until my friend invited me. It's about 30 min outside of DC right off 66. When I was looking at the pictures before hand I thought very nice, but for the price I thought the pictures were docked up to make the place look better than it really did. Well, after my 45 min ride there I parked in a strip mall, mainly full with Asian branded stores, the grocery store there is H-mart. Anyway, once inside, I was AMAZED! the place looks just like the pictures, clean, very clean. So, once you pay your 35.00 for basic service, just to go to the bade pool & the 7 polutice rooms, they give you an electronic key which serves as your locker key and payment key for additional services. The bade pool is fully nude, I was nervous but u get used to it fast. Next time I'm getting the body scrub. The restaurant, nothing is priced over 15.00 and the food it amazing! I easily spent 6 hours in there. There is one thing, if you go on the weekend get there early because around 2pm it starts getting supper crowded. Any questions, just ask, I'll try to answer all.

Washington DC
3 attraction reviews
“Not family friendly; terrible customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

My family and I went and spent $215 in services and were treated terribly. My 16 month daughter needed some fresh air to nap so I stepped outside the main entrance after less than 5 minutes in the locker room. In fact i had not even opened my daughter's locker. We were denied reentry to join the rest of our family nor would they provide a refund. Neither policy (no reentry or refund) is posted although they have a sign that says you cannot bring your own blanket. They charged my 16 month old $20 although she is prohibited from using the bade pool or poultice room - there isn't anything else in the facility so she would have just come in to sit in the main common area. They should post a sign on their premises and on the website that says, "children not welcome."

Richmond, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
“Unique & Amazing Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I love Spa World! It's a wonderful experience and very affordable. I am hooked now, and I wish that I lived closer so that I could go back more often. The price can't be beat... $35 gives you access to the bade pool, the sauna, and 7 poultice rooms. In my opinion, some of the extra services (massage, etc) are a little bit expensive, but the prices do include tip so taking that into consideration, it is comparable to other places.

Spa World can be a little overwhelming for first-timers, so here's my advice. Start off with a massage or with the poultice rooms, and then visit the pool last. They make you shower before you enter the pool and you will definitely want to shower afterwards, so why get clean and then sweat again? My other piece of advice is to go on a weekday if at all possible. I went once on a Wednesday and once on a Saturday. Both were great experiences, but Wednesday was much less crowded and it was easy to get walk-in appointments for massage and reflexology. If you decide to go on a weekend, I strongly suggest that you call ahead for a massage appointment because the schedule gets full really fast. By the way, the shiatsu massage is totally worth it. :-)

You are not allowed to bring outside food into Spa World, but there is a juice bar and a restaurant inside. I haven't eaten at the restaurant, but I recommend the fruit juice or boba tea at the juice bar...the fruit smoothies are a little too sweet for my taste. Have fun! :-)

Visited January 2013
Virginia
21 attraction reviews
“Relaxing Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

In one word.... WOW! Friends had told me about it and I read reviews, but nothing can prepare you for Spaworld. No, it is not a luxurious spa with thick terry cloth robes, but it is one of the most relaxing places you can find. Having been raised in America, I am not accustomed to walking naked among strangers. So, it took me about 5 minutes to adjust then I didn't even think about it. When I first read about being nude, I was concerned about warmth, but Spaworld works very hard to ensure that temperatures are comfortable throughout the facility and they actually display room and water temperatures throughout the facility.

My friends raved about the body scrub, so I knew I wanted that experience, but you cannot make a reservation so depending on time of day/day of week, you may have to wait a few hours for your body scrub. My granddaughter and I went on a Saturday afternoon and had to wait 3 hours, but there is plenty to do while waiting. The body scrub is the one thing you have to do! They totally scrub almost every inch of your body (except for the private parts) and while scrubbing, they periodically pour wonderfully temperate water over your body. You will be amazed at the dirt/dead skin they get off of you! Afterwards, I just wanted to lay down and sleep.

While we waited for our body scrub, we chose to do the poultice rooms, which are like saunas. There are six rooms and each one has its own healing powers ranging from digestion to metabolism. Since this was our first visit, we chose to try each room. My favorite was the clay ball room where the floor is covered in a 6-inch layer of small, soft clay balls (be careful when walking to avoid falling). Each room has its own feel and the room temperature is displayed at the entry of each room. There is also a "cold room", which is actually invigorating.

This is a Korean spa and few of the workers speak English, so few people can answer questions. I wanted to know about the best way to sequence through the poultice rooms. After trying all of them, I discovered there is no one best way, but I think it might be a good idea to alternate between hot rooms and the cold room.

There are two main areas 1) the wet room with a ginormous Jacuzzi and several smaller ones with different water temperatures. Plus a steam room, sauna, showers and the body scrub area; 2) the relaxation room with adjoining poultice rooms, drink bar(non-alcoholic) and restaurant. People clearly go to Spaworld to relax. The floor of the relaxation room is covered with Asian mats on floor where people lounge with books, iPads, newspapers and general quiet conversation. There are also comfy leather covered lounge chairs but they were occupied when we were there. Food in the restaurant is Korean. Food was tasty but very salty. Also servings are large so one dish is enough for two.

All in all it was a wonderful experience and can't wait to go back.

Visited December 2012
Baltimore
“UNFRIENDLY CUSTOMER SERVICE! DIRTY WATER IN THE POOL!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Its a shame that such a great place has a VERY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE! UNFRIENDLY STUFF AND UNTiSANITARY WATER IN THE POOL AREA! Some water jets don't work on occasion and water not clean in the pool!

Visited November 2012