“UNFRIENDLY CUSTOMER SERVICE! DIRTY WATER IN THE POOL!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 11 Attractions in Centreville
Type: Spas
Attraction Details
Baltimore
“UNFRIENDLY CUSTOMER SERVICE! DIRTY WATER IN THE POOL!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Its a shame that such a great place has a VERY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE! UNFRIENDLY STUFF AND UNTiSANITARY WATER IN THE POOL AREA! Some water jets don't work on occasion and water not clean in the pool!

Visited November 2012

Washington DC
16 attraction reviews
“Less awkward than you expect, totally relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I went with a friend yesterday and was a bit nervous about the naked thing. I get dressed in locker rooms w/o a problem but don't walk around w/o bra and panties. So walking around fully naked was a bit unnerving. But you are in the pools most the time and since nobody else cares it was easy to get over it. The various pools were relaxing, but the poultice rooms were great (and clothed). The room with warm red clay balls was incredibly relaxing as was the amythest room. Salt and charcoal were fine. The cold room was refreshing. I had the 60 minutes body scrub and massage. They are not the soft and soothing scrubs and massages you get elsewhere. But it felt really good! My skin is shockingly smooth and soft even a day later. (Keep your eyes closed though so you don't get disgusted by all the deadskin that is scrubbed off of you!) One of the mini pools is 104 degrees and was felt great just to relax in. The moist and dry saunas were great after the scrub. All in all i would do the $35 general admin again and again. The $90 scrub/massage was a nice treat I will do again. Naked thing was easily overcome and the whole place was spotless clean.

Visited October 2012
Triad, NC
5 attraction reviews
“4 Quick Tips to make your visit better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

4 Tips

1.)a big towel to keep in your locker. use it to dry yourself at the end of the day when you take your final shower and are about to put on your clothes for the ride home.Theirs are threadbare, smallish and gonna be wet after you've used it for this and that all day.

2. Read a ton of these reviews and you'll have your orientation before arriving since, yeah, its true, there ain't one once you get there.

3. Go solo. Bringing a same-gender friend means a whole day of avoiding looking at their such-and-such while talking. Also, I noticed that those who came with a friend did nothing but yammer on about work stuff or gossip stuff. That's no way to relax (or to allow those around you to relax) It is way better to go alone and just be centered and focus on the warmth of the water, the jets, your own random thoughts.

4. Go during an off time. I went today, a Thursday between 930 and 12pm and for most of the day there was only 1 other person in the "poultice rooms" with me and maybe five others in the bade pool.

5. Spend a lot of time. My 2.5 hours was not nearly enough. I could have gone for an extra 2.5 hours.

Visited October 2012
West Palm Beach, Florida
8 attraction reviews
“Relaxing Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

SpaWorld -Centreville Va is a great mega Korean Spa/Bathhouse which offers a unique and relaxing experience. About the size of Giant grocery Store. Open 24 hours a day. $35 to use the all the facilities or $25 to use just the same sex bade pool/hot tubs/saunas/steam room. The communal area has a good korean restaurant, mats for yoga/meditate, lounge chairs, smoking room for men, and few poultice and ice rooms.

Very busy Saturday afternoons. Comparable to Ceasars Palace day spas. Has wifi/tvs/etc in the communal areas. Dont listen to the clueless people on here complaining about this place. These type of people complain about everything or were uninformed about what they were getting in to. The fact that you were yelling in a SPA lobby means your total classless person. If your uncomfortable being nude around same sex then why go to bathhouse. Additionally, the Spa World web site also states that there are no coed hot tube/bade pools. If you went for that purpose only you should have researched more instead of looking like a clueless fool.

Visited September 2012
Kitchener, ON
4 attraction reviews
“Relaxation at Spa World”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Went to Spa world when I visited my BFF in Virginia. This was the first time I had gone to a bathhouse.
We arrived at 6 pm on a Friday night and planned to spend a late late night there. When you enter the facility, you pay for your initial visit (25$ for the bade pools and 35$ for the bade pool and poultice rooms). We opted for both since like I said we were going to spend as late as we could stay (I read other reviews that you can spend the night but I think now they close around 1 am).
You are issued a key and you have a small locker in the entrance for your shoes. The same locker number in the change area for your clothes as you are issued a shirt and shorts for you to wear in the common areas.
There are two separate bade pools. One for the men and one for the women. Yes, you are in the nude. But after the initial shock over this, you will see that it’s no big deal as to the old saying “when I Rome…”. Actually it was weirder for me seeing the ladies who do the scrub/massage wearing just their bra and panties than if they were naked or in a t-shirt/shorts uniform set.

The bade pools are lovely. The jets are strong and hit all the right places if your muscles need some loosing up. I wouldn’t recommend sitting too long in the hot tubs as I think I did and started to feel a bit funny. We did reserve our spot for the a scrub ($50) and let me tell you, those ladies are awesome! I have paid for body scrubs at really posh spas back home and they did not do the job that these ladies did!! Yes, they really go deep and everywhere but it feels so lovely at the end and you will feel buttery soft. I just wish I didn’t cheap out and went one package up where you get the facial as well. They use mashed up cucumbers and it looked really fun.
As for the poultice rooms. They have a few different ones. Amethyst room, onyx room, salt room, cold room, etc. This is where I really thought I should have just paid the $25 for the bade pools and I cannot stand the intense dry heat from saunas and felt that it was a waste that I paid for this when I couldn’t use it. I did stay in the ice room for a bit but it was – cold. Sitting in the common area was a break from the pool and I had my phone with me as they have free wifi. I saw a few people with lap tops watching movies or just face booking.
At the end, you hand in your key, pay for any services you obtained inside the facilities (they have food as well), pay your tab and get your shoes.
If I am back in Virginia, I am going to defiantly go again to Spa World. The pools, common areas and change areas were all clean. I had a lot of fun and felt relaxed and refreshed at the end of the night. Next time, I am going to spend a bit more and enjoy a massage/facial as well as the scrub.
Tip – bring your own shampoo, conditioner, soap, etc for you shower. They do provide you with stuff but your own is your own. As well, if you have a travel hair dryer as theirs are not the best.

Visited September 2012