“Love the Sea Food” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 16 Restaurants in Carrollton
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a small local fresh seafood restaurant with a variety of choices. Have your seafood fried, bronzed, steamed, or broiled to perfection along with one of our fresh house made soups, salads, or sides. We also offer plenty of land lover choices as well. After you enjoy your great meal walk through the double doors and into "The Cove" to enjoy live music and entertainment.
Smithfield, Virginia
“Love the Sea Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

You will enjoy you meals here. The new bar area is nice and welcoming.
Service was very good. A great time was had.

Visited October 2013

Smithfield, VA
“Consistantly good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

The wine queen and I have dined at RI several times in the few months since they first opened. It may help to know serveral of the waitstaff when it comes to better than good service at any restaurant, but that may not have an effect in the kitchen. To their credit, we've not had a less than above average entree there yet. A couple of nights ago, we dined with friends for their first time. They were impressed, he especially so with the fact that his fish was not overcooked. I had fried oysters with two green sides. All were cooked to my liking. The queen had shrimp and grits. They had just a touch of spiciness. Tasty and very filling. The average price of our meals was around $15 as I recall. Most of the meals are priced a bit more.

The bar seems well stocked with wine and a reasonable choice of beers. There was a stumble in their getting both (same brand!) beers to the table at the same time. Otherwise, I'd give the service an "excellent". I judge that their computer system has a bug to be exterminated. Otherwise, the staff is falling all over the customers to serve them. This restaurant has perhaps the most team oriented staff on the floor that I've seen in a long time, if ever.

My advice is to order something that includes their reel-in sauce. They even serve it as a salad dressing. It has some bite to it. Sort of like thousand island on steroids. Great with fried clam strips, fried oysters, salad, etc. BTW, many of the entree's have recipies that are somewhat different from the run of the mill seafood place. You will either like them ... or you may love them. I doubt you won't like them. Try something different for pete's sake!

Worth a try! Real seafood lovers will probably come back for more is my guess!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Pretty good !!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Got the hamburger.... Wasn't the greatest hamburger I ever had. I guess I should have ordered seafood at the seafood place!! Others got seafood said it was pretty good!!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Portsmouth, Virginia
“Celebrating our 19th Wedding Anniversary, Tuesday, September 3, 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Ralph and Eva C

Our anniversary dinner was excellent! The server Dana was awesome, and the owner Elliott was very personable and enjoyable to talk with. We started with a long island iced tea which was perfectly made. For the appetizer we had Fire Roasted Oysters which were good size and good quantity. We each had the salad with Raspberry Vinegar dressing which was homemade and very tasty! My wife had the Shrimp Dinner Bronzed with Brocolli and and mixed vegetables. I had the Seafood Feast Bronzed with Brocolli and marinated spinach. All of the items were spectacular and scrumptous! All of the drinks we had were consistent and did not get weaker. At the end of the meal Elliott delivered a scrumptous dessert for our anniversary on the house! I recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves good seafood and spectacular service! The amazing part was the bill was a lot lower than any of the other restaurants in the area! Thanks again for our wonderful anniversary dinner!

Visited September 2013
“Reel In was a Reel Disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

We have given them a few chances, but the newness has quickly worn off. There is no hostess to great you, so customers are left standing awkwardly at the entrance wondering what to do and where to go. The food and service is not worth the high price. The wait for drinks and food was extremely too long, prompting some guess to say "FINALLY" loudly when their drinks arrived. The price tag for a half pound of shrimp turned out to be over a dollar a shrimp. There was some question if my crab cakes were done, and evwn had some shells in them. When we questioned the portion size, the manager didn't even have the decency to come and talk to us but said (through the server) that was their normal portion. For a $50+ meal we were extremely disappointed and after our last experience we have sworn off this place and never return again. It's sad that such a new place has managed to disappoint so many people so quickly. If you want to leave hungry and disappointed then this is the place for you. I would NOT recommend this place because there are several better dinning options available in the area. This was the worst $50 that I've spent ever.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
elliotcohen, Owner at Reel In Restaurant LLC, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
I was so sorry about this table. I learned not to seat all 10 tables at once as the kitchen can not keep up when everyone comes in all at one time. Please call ahead and make reservations to make sure you have a table when your party arrives. My goal is to please 100%