“no service here” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Baywood Bed and Breakfast

Save Saved
You added The Baywood Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
The Baywood Bed and Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   31400 Latimer Bluff Road, Cape Charles, VA 23310   |
Ranked #6 of 11 Cape Charles B&B and Inns
Eureka, Montana
“no service here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We and our friends arrived late afternoon to an empty house. The note on the door instructed us to go in and find our names on our rooms, the problem was the door was locked. Feeling very uncomfortable we went around the back to find an open door. We did enter the house and found our rooms. They were adequate. Soon the house filled with children, daughters of the owners and their very small children. The innkeepers were nowhere to be found. We were woken early by the children running up and down the stairs. Breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs, 2 rashers of bacon, some unripened fruit and a very good muffin. We had to request coffee and then again for a 2nd. cup. The last insult was as we were leaving I used the bathroom in our room to come out to find children boucing on my bed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

59 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

I'm awake on my Babymoon at 7a. I've been up since 630a due to the noise in the house (yesterday I was up at 730 which wasn't too bad and no, it is not the other guests). I came on a getaway for sleep and relaxation not to deal with the same things I do at home (kids waking me up earlier than I need to be). I mostly write positive reviews so it saddens me to write about my disappointment here. The two main things I was looking forward to during our two night getaway was soaking in a tub relaxing and sleeping in. I got to do neither. The first night I attempted a bath I realized 3 minutes into it that the plug did not work properly and continued to drain even though it was pushed down. I attempted to stop the drainage by putting a wash cloth over the plug but it only helped so much and by that time the water was so low it wasn't enjoyable.
The second night we had let the person who cooked us breakfast know about the drain And I had high hopes that it would work. I put the wash cloth over the drain just in case though. I turned on the water and got in about five minutes later so I could start enjoying the tub in case the water drained again. To my disappointment the water out of the faucet was already cool. I didn't even have time to wash my hair! I quickly soaped up and washed my face in the water before it got any colder. I layed in the water (which was about 4 inches deep) and attempted to relax. It was not happening. I was so cold when I got out I told my husband I was turning off the fan and turning on the heater that looked like a fire. The heating portion of it did not work only the flames did. I got dressed as quickly as I could because I was so cold and hopped in to bed extremely disappointed. Anytime I stay somewhere that the purpose is to relax I make sure there is a tub to soak in because it is my favorite thing to do to relax. I am also 7 months pregnant and just wanted to ease my back pain while in a warm bubble bath.

What was good: the room is great in its Decor and the balcony is awesome. We loved the driveway with its twists and wiggly trees. Having the beach at your finger tips is great and we enjoyed our walk on the beach our first night here. The bed is comfy and the sheets and covers are great! The breakfast was pretty good and the people we met here were very nice. The price is great too compared to some of the other inns in the area.

What was bad: the water heat was awful. They should invest in a larger one or separate one for guests. What's the point of a "jacuzzi size tub" if the water won't stay warm to fill even half of it? The "heater" blower did not work at all. The noise. It was not constant but once I am awakened by loud noises for minutes at a time I can not fall back asleep!

Overall we liked the look and feel of the Baywood and if they fixed these issues it would've been an excellent stay, but I do not think we'd even take the chance of seeing if it got better the next time.

• Stayed April 2013
Arlington, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Beautiful B&B - although it is new construction -- but the view is spectacular! The breakfast was exceptional -- fluffy scrambled eggs, sausage, fresh fruit, OJ, and the best muffin ever! We skipped lunch. And the owner puts coffee outside your room in a thermos at 6:30 for early risers! The next time we'll spring for the rooms with a balcony and view!

Room Tip: Pick the bay view roooms
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
blue point, n.y.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Fab B&B located on a bluff with a fab view on Cheasapeake Bay, susets to die for. Beautiful home, we stayed in a large bedroom with a large deck w/ chairs and alounge w/privacy. Full breakfast served in a delightful room w/other guests. The propety and the rooms are all warm and inviting. Enjoy.

Room Tip: Right near the Chesepeake bridge, plenty of kayaking, fishing, hiking, biking. Restaurants
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

The Baywood provides the quintessential B&B experience. Extremely charming, extremely friendly, extremely perfect. Very comfortable rooms in a house that makes you feel like family. The grounds are right on the bay and I'm pretty sure everybody staying there walks along the shore at some point. Or at the very least sits in one of the several chairs provided or even lie in the very comfy hammock. Even the cats hanging around add to the ambiance. And the breakfast is more like a feast that will fill you up for some time.

I think the Baywood would make a mint just giving lessons to other B&Bs on how to do it right.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
East Anglia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Beautiful home in a fabulous location. We stayed in the Lighthouse room which had the most amazing view over the ocean, with our own beach at the bottom of the garden to stroll on. We sat on our balcony watching the sunset--just wonderful. Mike went out of his way to make our stay the most memorable, could have spent hours chatting over breakfat! Couldn't fault anything and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I cannot say enough about the Baywood B&B. It was amazing! The owners were extremely accommodating and friendly. They went above and beyond to make this a great experience for us. The house was very clean and comfortable - it was not very hard to make ourselves at home. I'm not exactly a morning person so I love that they bring coffee upstairs and have it waiting on a table in the hallway outside of the rooms. That way we could have a cup or two and fully wake up before going downstairs and enjoying breakfast with the other guests. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful and the table was beautifully set. The hospitality that we received exceeded my expectations and we will definitely return again soon!

Room Tip: I would like to book a Bayview room next time as that has the balcony and faces the bay. However, w...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Baywood Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!