“outstanding Italian food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Clifton, Virginia
“outstanding Italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Great food and service, and full service bar. The atmosphere is warm and congenial. Obviously popular, as shown by probably 50 or more "regulars", like my wife and myself. Great selections, on reg. menu, but also don't forget to check the nightly specials, as there are always surprises. Save room for dessert, with great choices. Paulo, the maître d' and owner, keeps track of the customers, to be sure everybody is happy .! We typically come once a week, as we have for many years ! We enjoy bringing out of town guests, who always rave, and thank us for our choice ! Highly recommended ! You won't be disappointed !

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Burke, Virginia
“Racist Manager”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Service was great, food and wine was ok but manager was too picky. Manager approach everybody but because we are ASIAN and we are on a casual dress it was not good enough for his taste to acknowledge us. Maybe it was just us but will never go back again to this place.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Burke, Virginia
“Racist Boss”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My Asian family and I like to try different restaurants, especially ones with good reviews. One afternoon, my family and I decided to try this restaurant. We were greeted by a nice lady, assisted immediately to a table. Then we noticed this man in suit & tie talking to an old couple eating by the other end of the restaurant. We thought he was a customer like us. But then a white man came in and he approached him by his table and said hello. Then he walked back to the couple's table. After a few minutes, he looked up and seemed to approach us by our table, only for us to realize that there was a family of white people coming in. This family was seated close to our table. This man in suit & tie stayed a few minutes by their table, asked them how their day was going, welcomed them, then he walked back to the old couple's table passing us without any sort of acknowledgment. Wow! In all fairness to this establishment, they have great food and wine, and their service is just superb! There won't be a next time for us, though. We may not be white, but we are still paying customers, like their white customers. A simple nod would have sufficed. But no! This Italian-looking boss in a suit & tie obviously does not think much of tan-skinned customers. What an experience!

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Needs more traditional menu”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband does not like cream or fish or veal. I could go on and on, but he is a spaghetti and meatball person. No much for him here. I personally like the food, but it makes things hard when you pay these prices and only one person is enjoying the meal.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great Restaurant - Don't Miss This Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Tucked in an urban mall between a Safeway and a sports bar, there is this place which has excellent food. I have been a parton of this place for years and it just keeps getting better and better. One of owners is Italian and the other is from Portugal (husband and wife). This is a wonderful restaurant. Please try this place for an excellent dining experience.

The wine list is good, but they do run out of some wines periodically, but the wine list is very good as is all the items on the menu. Nice desserts and great service you will find at this place. Small, but very good and I hope you enjoy same. I was out of town for Valentines Day this year and upon my return, we choose this place and we were, as always, were very happy with the meal and the service.

• Visited February 2013