“Avoid at all costs.” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Buena Vista
Madison, Florida
“Avoid at all costs.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I was on a motorcycle trip from Florida riding the Blue Ridge Pkwy. It was getting late in the afternoon, the GPS showed two motels in Buena vista, Virginia, the Budget in was a joke, it should be condemned, I didn't stay there. I rode just down the street to the second motel in town, the Buena Vista motel. I couldn't believe I stopped in this town. I was very tired so I stayed. The rate was too high at $66 dollars, for this place was a joke. The place looked terrible, the room was old and out dated. I don`t smoke but I asked the lady at the front desk if I could save money by staying in a smoking room, she said yes, only I almost gaged when I went in the room, so I stuck with a non smoking room. You may not believe this next statement but I swear it`s true. The front door of the room looked like it had been kicked in, so I had to prop a chair in front of it to feel safe and I`m a retired cop. Avoid this town at all costs. I took some photos, see for your self.

Room Tip: Don`t waste your time going to this town.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

29 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

If you are looking for a new modern room, lots of amenities, large flat screen TV, and a sumtuous breakfast, drive by this motel. It has none of these. It is basic lodging. We stayed there for 3 nights to attend a musical event in the area. The room was dated to say the least but it had a better heating/cooliong unit than some of the more expensive places we have stayed at recently. The beds were comfortable. Linen on the beds and in the bathroom was clean. During our stay we experienced no loud parties. It appeared that many of the guests were construction workers. We had stayed here in the past and had a similar experience. The price per night reflects what the motel is. If we are in the area and decide not to ride through deer country in the dark we'll stay here again. It's a far cry form a Holiday Inn Express. It has been clean and quiet basic lodging for us.

Room Tip: Be prepared to step back into the 60's and experience some warts. It ain't perfect!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

This place doesn't look too bad from the outside, so when I needed a place to stay in that area I made a phone reservation (no e-mail) about a month in advance. Then I called two more times to confirm. I clearly requested and was told I would have a non-smoking room, but none were available when I checked in. I did enter the room and it reeked -- plus it was NOT clean-looking to me. The man in the office did refund my payment. Still, just because of the way it looks I would not stay there in any room in the future.

Just two exits up the Interstate in Raphine, VA, we got a room, with a view, in a beautiful new Comfort Inn for only $5 more than we were going to pay in Buena Vista! There were several other nice-looking chain hotels in that area.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Buena Vista hotels

Huntington Station
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We were looking for something very close to the Blue Ridge Parkway and this fit in with that plan. This is a very basic motel. We didn't expect much and didn't get much. They do offer discounts to local restaurant but we had already eaten. The man who checked us in was polite and the other guests were quiet.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Loud party right outside our room and night manager did nothing said they were senior citizens. We couldn't get to sleep until 2 am after driving on the parkway all day. Moldy shower and water wouldnt drain so you were standing in nasty water.

• Stayed June 2013
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

This motel has a ton of potential but it's horribly dirty. Our mattresses had stains that either reflected vomit or feces. Huge cobwebs in the corners and the blankets were visably dirty.
We asked for nonsmoking & got a room reeking of smoke.
Because of the location I had no other choice and slept in my sleeping bag on top of the bed after stripping it down to the sheets.
Avoid if possible!!!

• Stayed May 2013
Guildford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is a great place to stay if you're traveling the Blue Ridge Parkway. The motel is clean and comfortable but the walls between the rooms are a little thin. I would certainly stay again if the need arose.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Buena Vista Motel? Share your experiences!