“Exceeded Expectations” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wattstull Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Buchanan
Wattstull Inn
You added Wattstull Inn to your Saves list
130 Arcadia Road, Buchanan, VA 24066   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Buchanan B&B and Inns
Athens, Georgia
“Exceeded Expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

This was our first stop on our trip from Georgia to Maine. We had seen this motel from the highway before and wanted to stay here if we got the chance. I love mid-20th century Americana and this fit the bill. Other than the interior being updated, I doubt that the integrity of the 1950's exterior has changed at all. We expected the facility to be sort of run down, but we were pleasantly surprised! The room was very clean and comfortable. The view was magnificent. Our dog loved the expansive front lawn and he got the chance to run and play after our long trip. It's not the Ritz, but we weren't looking for that. It is a charming place to spend the night.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Ellicott City, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

My family stopped here during a long trip and we were surprised with the great view and friendly service. They have a huge lawn that my toddler loved and a rocking chair for my wife and baby. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Attleboro, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

The Wattstull Inn sits on a high, grassy hill overlooking (but at a reasonable distance from) Interstate 81. The highway aside, the view of the Blue Ridge mountains opposite the inn is absolutely fabulous. Samantha, the woman at the desk, seems rather bored but was efficient at taking our reservation and getting us the room we requested.
First - what it doesn’t have is a blow dryer, news stations (or any interesting station) on the TV, a coffee maker, or breakfast.
What it does have is high-beamed ceilings in the rooms, exterior corridors, easy access to the highway, a microwave in the “lobby” for guests to use, plenty of grass, Adirondack chairs out front for enjoying the view, and a pet-friendly policy at a decent rate. In an area without a lot of pet-friendly options, this inn was average but it was clean and fairly comfortable.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Lancaster, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

stayed for 2 days and the Inn was totally wonderful...The King Size bed was sooo comfortable and the staff was very nice. The scene from the Inn was to died for..In the afternoon sitting out in the wonderful chairs they provide give you a since of peace. The only thing that I didn't enjoy is that that neartest store (grocery store) is 20 miles always make sure that if you stay a couple of days that you bring your own food and drink because wasting your time finding a store is not worth your time of relaxing.. also the pool was suppose to be open on Mermorial Day per website but needless to say it was not even being clean to be open.The rooms were so clean and neat If there had been more to do in this little town and the pool would have been open I would have stayed longer but since this is not a exciting little town to stay..should I say more!

Room Tip: make sure to bring your own food and if you want a pool check before staying to make sure that it is...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
East Hampton, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

We were traveling with our dog and chose this dog friendly place.
Room 6 was large with 2 beds, 2 comfy chairs and a good size refrigerator.The bathroom had toiletries and fluffy towels. The bed was very comfortable.There was A/ C or heat and a window that opened and allowed the wonderful breeze in. The noise from the road was not a factor for us.
What impressed us the most was how clean everything was. We certainly would recommend The Wattstull Inn .

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Hurlock, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

We were returning to Maryland from a motorcycle trip to Tennessee and Buchanan was about the half way point. We were tired and it was getting late and the Wattstull Inn was a convienient place to stop. Upon checking in, we were each given a free complimentary towel for our motorcycles. I thought that was a very nice gesture. Bikers are notorious for using motel towels to dry the dew from their bikes. Sometimes they get a little greasy and sometimes ruined in the process. I personally have never ruined a motel towel. As it turned out, it rained that night and those towels really came in handy the next morning. The rooms were very clean and nicely decorated. The only thing lacking was a coffee maker and a microwave. I don't recall if the room had a refrigerator. There is a restaurant convieniently located at the bottom of the hill from the motel. We ate dinner there and enjoyed our meal so much we had breakfast there also. The Wattstull Inn has a nice swimming pool but the 2nd of October isn't exactly swimming weather. If it had been summertime, you can bet I would have taken a dip in the pool. I found their rates to be a little pricey, but not outrageous. If I was in the area, I'd stay there again. I recommend the Wattstull Inn to anyone who wants a clean and comfortable room with a spectacular mountain view. Unlike some of the modern motels where you pak in a central parking lot and enter the motel though a main entrance and walk down a hallway lugging your baggage to get to your room, at Wattstull Inn, you park directly outside your door and can keep an eye on your vehicle at all times. I like that. It was unusually cold for the second of October and the heater in the room worked great! I woke up completely rested and ready to ride another 300 miles. The only reason I rated this motel very good instead of excellent is because of the lack of a coffee maker in the rooms. I don't really care about a microwave or refrigerator, although they are sometimes nice to have. As soon as I wake up and my feet hit the floor, coffee is a must! For the rates they charge, a complimentary cup of coffee isn't too much to ask . Aside from that they were first class and excellent all the way.

Room Tip: All rooms are on the same level and high up enough to be away from the traffic noise of the intersta...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

My wife and I were looking to just get away for the weekend and I had seen this property for years but never stayed there. Check in was fast and easy, the owner operator checked us in personally and they were very nice The rooms are not fancy and the property is older but had every thing that we needed, tv,phone, refrigerator, and the outdoor pool was fine. There is a wonderful restaurant litterally down the hill from the property that has great food a great prices. If you are looking for clean simple rooms then this is the place for you.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Wattstull Inn? Share your experiences!