“We have been to many wineries, this one is near the top of my list.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pearmund Cellars Winery

Ranked #1 of 2 Attractions in Broad Run
Type: Wineries, Food & Drink
Hughesville, MD
81 attraction reviews
“We have been to many wineries, this one is near the top of my list.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

My husband and I visited Pearmund Cellars on a Saturday afternoon around 3:30p. The place was hopping, the tasting bar now full with the two of us joining in and only two servers. Our woman did a fantastic job welcoming us to her already busy station. She explained each wine and answered any questions she had. Her pace was great, she did not make us wait or rush us. We had all the tastings, around a 12 or 13 and they were very healthy tastings. Great deal for $10 each. We were glad our final destination, Airlie Center - see seperate review, was within ten to fifteen minutes away. We enjoyed the wines, we purchased the Stainless Chardonnay - very good deal for $10. We also purchased the 2011 Viognier - one of the best white wines I've ever tasted and I can't wait to drink it with shrimp, $25. And the 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon $25, made we wish I had a big juicy cheeseburger. We also purchased a tasting deal that included visiting two other wineries (never expires), Bull Run and Vint Hill - for additional $10 total. There was a gorgeous Golden Retriever that greeted us after our tasting when we were seated. Unfortunately, we had to put our Golden down last April, he was 15 years old and we so miss him. I would have loved to have spent more time with the Pearmund dog but the owner put him outside, never know who in the crowd likes dogs I guess - probably safest bet for a bussiness. We will definitely return and recommend this winery.

Visited January 2014

terri007
23 attraction reviews
“A great winery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I visited this winery with two of my friends on a Friday around noon. There were a few other people in there and two servers so we had to wait a bit but it was really no problem. Since my two friends work at wineries their tastings were free which was fine and mine was $10. The wines were all really good and we all wound up buying something. I purchased the Voigner and Chardonnay. They were both really delicious. After the tasting we bought a couple of bottles for us to have while eating lunch. We ate outside and it was still really nice. It's very pretty there and the leaves were just starting to turn
It's pretty easy to find off of Rte. 29 and I would definitely go back as it is worth the visit.

Visited November 2013
Arlington, Virginia
52 attraction reviews
“Good Tasting Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stopped by Pearmund Cellars for a wine tasting on a recent Saturday afteroon. The winery was busy but we were easily able to begin a tasting. A tasting flight of 12 wines cost $10, but the we were able to use the coupon included with the Virginia winery map to get the tastings for free. We had two servers, one who was working her first day and one who was a winery veteran. Both were very nice and, although one was new, she did see that all our questions were answered. All of the wines were drinkable and a few (the cab franc, petit verdot and Ameritage Reserve) were quite good. The winery is definitely worth a visit.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
156 attraction reviews
“Great pick for a winery near DC area in Fauquier County”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Situated on sloping terrain, this property was wonderfully scenic, bathed in sunlight for our mid-afternoon visit, bringing out the vivid colors of the vines, fully ripe for the year's harvest season to start within a week. If you're lucky, the owner, Chris Pearmund, who lives right on the estate, will be able to take questions about his own vineyards [he's associated with several of them] and also speak about Virginia's wine industry more generally. For wine enthusiasts, the visit can be very educational, with stops not just in the vineyards but also inside the plant itself where rows of the French-made barrels can be examined close up. Pearmund Cellars has several programs for enthusiasts including one under which one can 'adopt' an actual imported barrel and take it home once it is retired from service in 2 to 4 years. There are wines for sale at this winery, all from Virginia as far as I could see.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
20 attraction reviews
“One of the Best NoVa Wineries”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Pearmund is a great lazy Saturday or Sunday afternoon destination, about 40 minutes from DC. The surrounding area is beautiful and relaxing. It gets fairly busy on the weekends, but the tasting bar is pretty big and they do a great job of keeping it organized. There are more servers than they necessarily need, which is a great thing. I'm not a wine expert, so I'll leave that judgment up to you, but of the eight or so wineries my wife and I have visited, this is our favorite. The atmosphere probably contributes to that conclusion, as does the large selection of 10-12 wines which you get to enjoy. The only reason I don't give it five stars is the $7.00 tasting cost. However, don't let that discourage you!