“Disappointing” 2 of 5 stars

Good for: Doing business
Good for: Doing business
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

From reading some of the reviews this may be the best the Tricities has to offer and that is very disappointing. It's is not good sushi. I will concede that the salmon nigiri was good and good size pieces but the rest of the food was poor. The tempura wasn't crunchy and looked like it was reheated from a frozen box. The miso had a strange chemical smell to it and the spicy tuna was next to disgusting. On top of it all the prices were a little higher than a normal sushi restaurant. The only positive i had from this experience other than the nigiri is that the rest didn't make me sick but that might also be because I left a lot on the plate. i guess I will have to wait to go to bigger cities to get decent sushi.

Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Diamond In the Rough”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Who knew Bristol would have such outstanding sushi?! Believe me, as one who travels a lot for work, they do. These folks know how to do it right. I mean, they even had some fresh Uni! And it's the first time I ever had sparkling sake.
I've been back, and it was even better the second time!
Good stuff!!

Bristol, Tennessee
“Our favorite local Japanese restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Great food and friendly service here. The sushimi and sushi are quite good. I love the Bento boxes. Great service in a warm atmosphere.

Visited October 2012
Rural Retreat, Virginia, United States
“Not sure what you expect in SWVA... but..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

This place is excellent! Great service, portions were good. Out of every similar place that I have eaten this one is at the top. I have eaten at every restaurant within a 100 miles of this place, this place is above average. I was 100% satisfied. Sick of paying big bucks at Olive Garden, Red Lobster etc. for "average" meals.
One review said that interior was dated, I liked it, it was something we noticed, clean, modern open look.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London
“Below average Sushi. Poor. Would not go again.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

The quality of the sashimi and sushi that I had here was really below average. I had a combo and some individual sashimis. None were better than average and the rest were below. Very disappointing.

• Visited June 2012