“Buddy can you spare a meatball?” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 87 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: Italian
Bristol, VA
“Buddy can you spare a meatball?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went on Sunday Apr. 27. She had seafood Brodetto, pretty good. I ordered spaghetti with meatballs and an Italian sausage. The waitress came out with ONE meatball. Jeez, can ya SPARE IT? There are lots of less-expensive options nearby ... Like Cheddar's.

Visited April 2014

Kingsport, Tennessee
“Excellent meal & service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

My wife and I had soup & salad at this Olive Garden today. The service was quick and excellent. The food, as always at Olive Garden was excellent. Our last experience at Olive Garden was in Kingsport, TN, and the service was deplorable. This restaurant renewed my faith in Olive Garden

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
mountain city
“I have absolutely reached my limit with olive garden”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Olive garden on the whole used to be a great restaurant. NOT ANYMORE! This location is fairly new ( 2-4 years ). It was a welcomed new addition to the chain as the closest location to where we live had been in Johnson City...about an hour away and we had stopped going there because it had gone severely down hill. When the Bristol, VA location first opened it was great! The food was tastier and it was actually served hot. The service was impeccable. The bread sticks were always hot and fresh. Now, aside from 3 or 4 servers that are outstanding and should probably find another restaurant to show case their talents, the service is horrible, the food is inconsistant, bland, and on most occasions does not come out the way you order it. We have actually started traveling all the way to the Hickory or Wilkesboro, NC locations which are over 2 hours away because the Bristol, VA location has become just as unbearable as the Johnson City location. Obviously if you are looking for authentic Italian cuisine this corporate chain restaurant isn't the way to go but the food used to be delicious...USED TO BE. On this last visit, and I do mean last visit, to this location, our server ( who was one of the only 3 or 4 outstanding servers that I mentioned above )informed us that several of our favorite items were being removed from the menu to be replaced with new "healthier" items! Ok...understanding that healthy eating is important...I will make the decision concerning what I should be eating. When I'm at home I can eat healthy. When I go out to a restaurant I don't appreciate some corporate boob telling me what I can and can't consume. Not to mention the fact that this change isn't about a healthier menu. The government gives restaurants financial "incentives" if they offer only healthy choices. While the manager was making his required rounds to pretend that he was genuinely interested in each tables dining experience, he stopped at our table to ask how everything was. When I expressed my disappointment over the new menu to Scott, he curtly interrupted before I had even verbalized my entire thought, "Darlin', that's above my pay grade". Not only was I shocked by the fact that a manager would respond this way to a customer concern but last time I checked my name wasn't Darlin'. Obviously this man's job title exceeds his capabilities. My advice...If you insist on continuing your patronage, go to a different location.

Bristol, Virginia
“Poor, tasteless, corporate pricey”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

The several meals from this "Italian" corporate restaurant presents poor red sauce pasta that is devoid of flavour and character. And the meals are very expensive for what is served. Very ordinary wine is expensive, very expensive! The pasta tonight was macaroni with small 'medallions' of chicken and anointed with a bland slightly pink-beige "sauce" and three spinach leaves with small bits of tomato and one sliced mushroom. The alleged Parmesan "cheese" was so bland that it could have been Kraft "cheese". The salad was crisp and constituted the high point of an almost vile meal.
The Olive Garden has about as much in common with Italian cuisine as the Moon with green cheese! That diners in Bristol rate this excellent is a testament to the crap they accept and the scam corporate America perpetrates on the public.
Service was attentive, prompt and good, and the server had a good sense of humor.
The atmosphere is somewhat redeemed by the absence of TVs and loud music.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Honaker, VA
“good food....variety needed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

very clean stop, very slow service, food overall at OG is becoming overpriced for the family. We will go back, but not as often, more competition should make for more value for the family

Visited January 2014