“Not impressed” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Bristol
Jefferson City, Tennessee
“Not impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

When I booked this room it was without hesitation because it is a Holiday Inn. With a Holiday Inn you expect a clean room. That was what we got. But the room was very small and dark. and the hall way was dirty. However, the young man who helped us check in was nice and helpful. This is not a place I would want to stay more than a night and it may not be a place I stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Grammykc,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. I am delighted you found our staff nice and helpful. My apologies for the disappointment you had with your room accommodation and our facilities. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Grundy, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The hotel has clean and well maintained. The location was very convenient and plenty of parking. The rooms are small for more than two people but the price was fair. I was pleasantly surprised at cost of the breakfast we ordered even though the wait was long due to understaffing. The second day, there was a buffet available and to avoid the wait that was our choice. The food had been out for a while and need to be freshened. When the lady brought the bill; I was shocked. The same breakfast that I had ordered, cost 3 times as much to eat from the crusty buffet. I realized that I had not even checked the price prior to eating but after looking, the price was not posted anywhere. When I asked the lady about the price difference, she acknowledged that it would have been much cheaper to order from the menu instead of the buffet, apologized and went on her way. Be careful what you order and check the price !

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Houston Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is my second time in this hotel and really, my last. I will seek other accomadations in the area if I have to be in Bristol. The rooms are ok, clean but small and no extras - like room fridge, safe etc. The beds are fairly comfortable but I've had better. My main complaint is the lack of warmth in the employees and NO CARTS available for your luggage. OK, they have carts, but they always seem to be in use when I am there and on my first visit ( with a broken leg,) I had to schelp my luggage upstairs without help,(no one EVER comes out from behind that counter to assist anyone!) or a cart and this time I had to wait 35 minutes for a cart and they only got busy finding one when a second woman came in and requested one. We still waited another 15 minutes. As a Priority Rewards member I got my free bottle of water, and finished it while waiting for the cart. All in all not my favorite place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Bristol, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My husband, another couple, and myself were staying here for Miss Teen Va. The weekend before we were in the area so we stopped by to see the 2 rooms that were reserved in our name. They were fairly nice. However when we checked in the following weekend we were not given those to rooms. The rooms they gave us were bad. The pageant dresses had to lay mainly on the floor because the closet was nonexistent. The other room had used and dirty towels in the shower left over from the person before. When we go downstairs through the dog park (I mean lobby) there were animals running everywhere. The girl at the front desk informed us that we could not have the suite we were promised because they had given it to someone else. When we had the manager contacted on the phone and told her about the poor quality of our stay she said she was "insulted when we said the integrity of this hotel was awful". We are the ones insulted, we were treated with disrespect due to their own lack of planning. Never will stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Samantha C,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. I apologize about the misunderstanding about the room and the hotel conditions. We will address these points and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHG Care
Camp Hill
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

There was not much to like here. The room was clean but certainly worn. The lobby looked uncompled. There is a quite a hike from parking to the front door. I never could figure out the reason for that. The hotel is near I-81 and you know it from the road noise.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Greenbrae, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Although the hotel was newer looking and clean, we were disappointed to find that they had a restaurant there, but no free breakfast or breakfast discount! The hotel staff was fine, not overly friendly but efficient enough. The room was clean the bed was comfy and the bathroom good. I might stay here again, but would plan better for meals. We had not stayed anywhere else on our cross country trip that did not offer at least a cold continental breakfast.

Room Tip: Restaurant on premises, others in area.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dawn H, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center for your stay and for taking the time to offer your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our breakfast options. As a full service hotel, we have a full restaurant and lounge with menu items made to order. This is what sets us apart from limited service chains. While the breakfast is not free, you can be assured that your food is made especially for you! We do have lower cost options for those working within a budget, so please feel free to ask our front desk staff about them during your next stay with us. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Best Regards,

Dawn Hogan
Assistant General Manager
Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center
Alabaster, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We booked a night here through Priceline for $65.00. It's a nice hotel, clean and in a good area. It was quiet and comfortable, all exept the pillows. Holiday Inn gives you a chice of firm or soft pillows on each bed. Trust me, one is no better than the other. Hubby and I both struggled to sleep with the rock hard, over stuffed pillows. We have the neck ache to prove it. If you stay here, bring your own pillow and you will do just fine.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center? Share your experiences!