“Very nice stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Bristol

You added Baymont Inn & Suites Bristol to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Bristol
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1014 Old Airport Road, Bristol, VA 24201 (Formerly La Quinta Inn Bristol)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Bristol
Beaver, Pennsylvania, Usa
“Very nice stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We just left this La Quinta and it will definitely be added to our list of places to stay again. We make trips to the Gulf coast several times a year and since its a 17 hour drive we always look for decent places to stay. Some of the reviews weren't too good but I've learned to take that with a grain of salt. I made the reservations on the phone on the way and the woman was very nice. Sometimes they make you feel like your bothering them. When we got there the same woman was at the front desk. Still friendly and check in went super quick! It is a pet friendly hotel and you always take the chance of getting next to a room with a barking dog. There was a dog in the next room as we saw them going in but I think it's more about the pet owner than the hotels fault. We didn't hear a peep all night. Had a great nights sleep and check out was a breeze. We left too early for the breakfast but we did have coffee and muffins before we left. Muffins were very good and my coffee snob husband was even happy with the coffee which never happens with hotel coffee. Will be coming back thru in February and plan on staying here on our way back.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Ho, Ghana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

There isn't really much to complain about. It is a little older so and it is obvious. But the bed was comfortable, the tv was nice, the breakfast offered bananas so I could eat a little healthier, the rooms are spacious so I could do yoga, and they have a contract with a local gym (but there is also and Anytime Fitness very close). It's close to everything: walmart, gyms, Sam's Club, food... The only thing I might say is that it could be a little cleaner. Found a couple spiders my first night and the corners in the bathroom needed gotten after with a toothbrush. I am extremely critical of cleaning and it wasn't so bad that I couldn't stand it, so for most people it wouldn't be an issue at all. The staff was very friendly. The daily cleaners could have done better sweeping up while they were in tidying, but they are trustworthy; I was able to leave my laptop out and it wasn't touched. Overall satisfied with my week long stay.

Room Tip: I was in a first floor king on the back side of the building. I wasn't disturbed once by outside...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Great place to stay if you travel with your pet, staff helpful. My room also had a microwave and refrigerator, anways handy when travelling.
The room was quiet and cofrtable, and the high def TV was awesome!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Acworth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Dirty, nasty, gross! The tiny room stinks, has a foul odor. The room is dirty and loud. Dogs start barking at 4:30 am. I have seen cleaner bathrooms in a gas station. Calling this place a dump is an insult to dumps. I feel we would have been cleaner and more comfortable sleeping in the car at a rest stop.

• Stayed October 2013

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Yes, this is right off I-81 which is great and I got a half decent rate from AARP but I don't have much else good to say. When I walked into the lobby, which is detached from the rooms, there was a large, noisy crowd of senior citizens having a wine and cheeser overtaking the breakfast area. I couldn't have gotten to the coffee if I wanted to. When I went to check in, I had to wait too long until someone showed up at the desk. The desk was unattended too long. The young man was pleasant enough when he did show up but I really had to wait too long. The room was OK, no refrigerator or microwave. When I sat at the desk, you could not get by the foot of the bed. There were two doubles in the room and we each slept in one and I was on a hump in the middle of the bed all night. There was mildew in the grout in the shower. Towels and washcloths were very thin but smelled of bleach and that's OK with me. Breakfast area was not attended to very well--OJ machine was "broken" but the other side with apple juice worked just fine. Area was not cleaned, there were crumbs everywhere and the tables were not wiped off. Only hot item was the waffles.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Mobile
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Reasonable rates, clean and friendly. Right off I-81 exit 7. We found plenty of stores (Walmart, Target, Liquor, etc.) and plenty of restaurants. A bowling alley and movie theater as well. We enjoy staying here on our travel through because it's pet friendly with a large grass field for our dog.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Bristol? Share your experiences!