“Just what we needed!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Thistle Ridge Bed & Breakfast & Winery Tours

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bridgewater
Thistle Ridge Bed & Breakfast & Winery Tours
Save Saved
You added Thistle Ridge Bed & Breakfast & Winery Tours to your Saves list
11 Pops Lane, Bridgewater, VA 22812   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Bridgewater B&B and Inns
Herndon, Virginia
“Just what we needed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

This was our first stay at a B&B, and after this experience we will definitely be staying in more . . . and returning to this one! The rooms are immaculately clean and comfortable and make you feel at home. Dixie and Scott are great hosts and were very attentive to our questions, made AMAZING breakfast each day, and were good tour guides for the area. Their daughter, Brittany, was also a fantastic tour guide when we did the winery tour -- definitely worth the time, and again Dixie sent along an amazing lunch! You are a little "out of the way" at Thistle Ridge, but it is a nice break from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. There is plenty to do around the area, including wineries, Shenandoah National Park (only 30 minutes away), and cute little towns so you can find something if the quiet is too much. This is definitely worth the stay, and we will return!

Room Tip: You won't find a bad room here!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed 2 nights in early June. The Blue room was comfortable and not over-done, the food was excellent, and the property and its menagerie of animals were very pleasant. The first night we were there, we walked down the road at sunset and enjoyed the beautiful view. The best selling point is the atmosphere - this is not a stuffy place. Dixie and Scott are real people who truly care about their business, not innkeepers who simply do the owner's bidding. They seemed to genuinely enjoy having conversations with us and the other guests while we were there. On our second evening we invited them to join us on the front porch for a glass of wine, and I swear it felt like we were visiting with good friends. I am not the most well-versed B&B vacationer, but I have a feeling that Thistle Ridge is a unique experience. We will definitely be returning in the fall.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Germantown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I'd like to first start by saying this review is well overdue! My boyfriend and I stayed at Thistle Ridge in mid-May. We had a great time being away from the craziness of our everyday lives! We stayed in the beautiful blue room that was such nicely decorated with cute things all over the place. I would have to say that the beautiful and delicious breakfasts made by Dixie was one of my favorite things of the B&B along with the cute snacks she left out for us at night! Furthermore, the variety of animals (cats, dogs, sheep, horses, chickens, goats, and llamas!) that they have on their property added to the wonderful experience. I definitely felt like I was in a country getaway! We had the pleasure of being escorted by Scott to 4 different wineries where we were able to enjoy a cute picnic basket lunch (provided by Scott and Dixie) as well as try the assortment of different wines! We enjoyed it so much that we came home with 7 bottles! If you want to relax and get away from your busy life, this is the place to go! Scott and Dixie are the greatest hosts!

Clayton, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Our stay at Thistle Ridge was so relaxing. Dixie and Scott are great hosts. They will do anything in their power to make your stay perfect.
Our room (the Green room) was very comfortable and the bed was great! It was a King sized slay bed. Full sized pillows, not those 10"x10" hotel marshmellows. Breakfast was a 2 course MEAL, not just coffee, juice and pastries. Some of the items we had were; Strawberry and Blueberry Fruit Parfey, Blueberry Pancakes loaded with blueberries, a wonderful Goat Cheese, Cranberry & Orange zest spread, Hashbrown Casserole, an Egg Casserole. Dixie is a great cook! Each night there was a snack and ice water. And in the morning Coffee was always ready. My husband and I reccomend this to anyone who need to Escape and Relax.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. We stayed in the Green room and loved it.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Thistle Ridge was my first BnB stay. I read all the reviews and figured I couldn't lose right? It was absolutely amazing. Scott and Dixie are beautiful hosts, our room was immaculate and comfortable. (I want the bed!!) The food was beyond delicious, there has clearly been a lot of time and energy spent in making sure everything is done to a very high standard. The wineries were wonderful, Scott and Dixie picked a nice array of different styles and we enjoyed ourselves tremendously. The lunch during our day of wine tours was amazing. We are already planning a second trip back and adding one more night to be able to explore the area, there is so much to see and do! We can't wait to come back (I want more blueberry pancakes!!)

Room Tip: We only stayed in the blue room, but it is like a one room cottage...it was absolutely perfect!
Sterling, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

This was our first time staying in a B and B. Thistle Ridge is a beautiful place to visit. My husband and I enjoyed staying in the yellow room. The king size bed was sooooo comfortable. We enjoyed sitting out back in the glider and petting all the dogs, cats and seeing the horses run in the pasture. It was nice to just get away to the country. Everything was wonderful. Excellent breakfast and it was nice to have fresh brownies and cold water in our room when we returned from dinner. Thanks for making our anniversary a nice one. Jayne and David, Sterling, VA

Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

My husband, Mom and Dad and I all stayed on Mothers day weekend for my daughters College Graduation @ Bridgwater College. This was the best Mothers day weekend I have had in years. The Thistle Ridge was wonderful. I had suggested the B&B experience to my mom as I wanted to give her something special for motherday even though we were busy with the graduation. My husband and I ended up getting the most relaxing weekend we've had in ages. We all had a wonderful time and felt very pampered. The hosts were friendly and allowed us to just relax and enjoy their home. The wine was superb. The rooms were more than just clean, they sparkled and very comfortable. The food was plentiful and delicious. This is a must stay for your bucket list!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Thistle Ridge Bed & Breakfast & Winery Tours? Share your experiences!