“We had a great time !” 5 of 5 stars

Ashburn, Virginia
5 attraction reviews
“We had a great time !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This place is really great for families with children . My family has been there twice and had a great time .This last time we went to pick potatoes and green beans.They also have a huge play area for the kids .Including a jumping pillow,pedal carts,slides,putt putt,fishing ect. A restaurant,Farm market all included with admission. My husband is a retired Navy Veteran . I also have an ID so we all get in free.Check out their website www.greatcountryfarms.com HAVE FUN !

Visited September 2013

Virginia
55 attraction reviews
“Disappointing the 2nd time around”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I am not sure if the farm just has more to offer or invests more to offer it during the Fall season, when they have pumpkins and school field trips, but the summer trip, which was heavily advertised as a Certifikid was disappointing. Not only does it take over an hour to drive there, something I was happy to do after our fab Fall visit last year, but when we got there, it looked like an abandoned "has been." The barnyard animals were mangy (and as a horse owner, I find an unkempt horse incredibly sad) and the animals are not eating appropriate foods for their species. Everything was dusty and unkept, from the climbing grounds to the playgrounds. I ended up using it as a lesson on what to look for in a poorly kept facility. The pond is also unsafe for children to be near the "safety wall" as the water's edge creeps past the railing, so if you are not watching closely, small children (which I do not have) can slip in - my children noticed this. There was absolutely nothing going on - the restaurant, cider pits, everything was closed during the week, and the peach picking advertised on the site was not only not open that day but their peaches are in terrible shape in the store. The store was a mess, dusty and the fruits were all pitted and moldy. I found the entire trip depressing.

Visited August 2013
New Baltimore, Virginia
14 attraction reviews
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I had expected much more for the entry fee ($12 for adults, $10 for kids). We arrived shortly after 1pm on 25 May during their strawberry activity. When we paid, we were told that the strawberries had pretty much all been picked, but we could go out and see for ourselves. I understand that this was the first peak day of the season, but if you are going to have a big event like this, you may want to consider limiting what people can pick so that everyone has a chance to get some of their own berries. Just sayin'. Thankfully they did have a few (and I mean only a few!) pints left for purchase that had been picked by them (more expensive, of course). I brought my 9 year old who had really enjoyed his visit last year with a friend, and he found only one thing that he wanted to do which of course, cost more money. This was the activity with the bag of sand and stones and you sift through them for your "treasure". We both enjoyed this but that was it. The lines at the restaurant were very long and while we were standing there (at least 15 min. just to buy the bag of sand!) a guy walked up and asked if he could "just buy some ice cream" and they let him!!!! Hello! How about waiting in line with the rest of us and shame on the staff for allowing it to happen. Anyway, if you have small children 2 - 6 years old you will enjoy this place, otherwise, find somewhere else to spend a beautiful Saturday afternoon.

Visited May 2013
Milwaukie,Oregon
32 attraction reviews
“Wonderful family outing !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Tagged along with my 5yo grand daughter's field trip and had a great time. Excellent staff worked very hard to get and keep the kids engaged and actually help them learn something about farming and how food gets to their homes. Lots of interactive things to do. Obviously, the kids enjoyed feeding the animals and the hay ride but someone was smart enough to include a playground to burn off some excess energy. My wife enjoyed the gift shop and their local selection of sauces, jams, etc. Not much produce available this early in the season but it just means another visit to this great family attraction.

Visited May 2013
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Lots of fun...especially if you have kids!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I went out to Great Country Farms on a beautiful Saturday this April with my wife and 2 year old daughter. We really enjoyed our time there!!! The farm has many activities for young children, including all kinds of farm animals, some of which you can pet and all of which you can feed, a park in the middle of a forest with slides and swings, a hay ride, a giant trampoline, etc. All of this for a small fee per parent and no fee for the kids. There are also fresh fruits and veggies and other goodies to buy in the store. We found it to be very relaxing and educational and fun for our daughter. Perhaps the best thing about the farm is that when the kids get tired, you can drive across the street to the winery owned by the same people, which is on top of a mountain, has beautiful views, live music and plenty of open spaces for the kids to run around as well. Highly recommended as a way to get away from the city for a day!

Visited April 2013