“Go for the View, Stay for the View” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Bluemont
Tyler, Texas
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Go for the View, Stay for the View”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband and I went to this vineyard with friends after a work event that brought us to town. Really the view is worth the price of a bottle of wine to sip and enjoy. We did the wine tasting and ordered their cheese/sausage plate. The bread is homemade and absolutely wonderful. We noticed quite a few local people came to buy just the bread.

There is no denying the view is one of the most spectacular in the area. On a clear day you can see hint of the Washington Monument in the distance although it is well over 50 miles away. I have to admit I enjoyed the wine but didn't buy any to take with me. Sometimes it's the company or the view that makes a place memorable. I enjoyed my stay, and enjoyed the wine but what gave me the warm fuzzies about this place was the patio, the view and the company....oh, and that bread!

Go for the view, take someone with you, order the bread, have a glass of wine and stay for the view.

Visited September 2013

Herndon, Va.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“They will not let you buy or taste their best wine unless you join their "club"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Yes it does have breath-taking views from the top of the hill, but it was a HUGE disappointment because the one wine I had heard about, and even called them in advance to see if they still had it for sale, they would NOT let us taste and they would not even sell us a single bottle (for $29) unless we joined their $70 wine "club." I am talking about their award-winning French Cabernet. We are fans of good Virginia-grown Cab Franc and we were really looking forward to tasting this wine and purchasing several bottles.
So, we did their tasting, which includes two whites, one rose, and two better-than-average reds (a red "Farm Table" wine and a Merlot). The cheese plate was attractive and the selection of nibbles was delicious, served with a warm baguette. This place was packed on a Saturday, so get there early to get a table if you want to stay and listen to music.
Plus, be careful on their dreadful road up the hill to get in there. Your car will need an alignment if you go up this hill, or perhaps new tires. I cannot imagine trying to get a bridal party in on that awful road. We regret we did not get to taste what was rumored to be their best wine.

Visited September 2013
Alexandria
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Amazing view...but that's it!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband and i were so excited to visit Bluemont. We had heard that the view is absolutely breathtaking and that we would love the winery. We even went into it thinking that if it is as great as everyone says, we would join as members. We didn't join. The more we thought about it, it's not necessarily the wine people were talking about, it was just the view. The view is gorgeous. You almost feel as if you are in the clouds and just looking over the entire region. It's beautiful - plain and simple. But then there is the wine and service. The wine is just ok, not one even stood out to me. We also don't like that you can't bring in any of your own food. One of the things I love about Virginia wineries is that you can bring in picnics...not here, and the food they did have was quite pricey. Bluemont is definitely banking on their view and the price of the food to keep everything running, because the wine and service isn't worth another visit. We were very sad...

Visited June 2013
Reston
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Nice view, average wine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

The winery is in a beautiful location on the side of a mountain. With that being said, the windy road on their property is absolutely terrible. It was partially paved a long time ago and has huge potholes. I would be afraid to have any of my vendors get a wedding cake or anything of the sort up that road in one piece.

The tasting room was homey, but the bar for tasting was quite small. The lady serving us did the bare minimum. None of the wines were terrible, but none of them were outstanding either. We prefer sweeter wines and there was not one on their tasting (even the rose was dry). Their website said they had several sweeter wines, but when we got there they said they had been sold out of those wines for a while.

Visited May 2013
Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Nice location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

This was our first time here and we enjoyed it immensely. It's a nice place to sit and enjoy some wine, nosh on some good tapas, and enjoy the view. Especially on a bright sunny day. Our only regret was that we didn't come here sooner. We'd recommend starting your wine tour here. Sometimes it's best to eat dessert first. : >)

Visited April 2013