“Wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Bluefield

You added Comfort Inn Bluefield to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Bluefield
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   38769 Governor G C Peery Hwy, US 19-460 West, Bluefield, VA 24605   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bluefield
Stewartstown, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Came to the area for some genealogy research in southern WV. The rooms were clean and quiet. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. The pool was heated and very inviting. Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Kendallville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Very good trip and stay. Everything we wanted and more. The people are so friendly and the staff was wonderful. The rooms were comfortable and all my requests were met at check-in. I will stay here again and recommend the hotel to friends. I will be returning to the area and will stay here again.

Room Tip: We had room 111 and 113 they were just what we wanted.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
gm_va447, General Manager at Comfort Inn Bluefield, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Thank you. We look forward to seeing you again.
Getzville, Ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

First the sweet....The people are so friendly and the beds are so comfy.
Now the sour...the breakfast was just okay and the lady working it tended to like talking and then things ran out. She wore an apron that looked like pancake batted exploded all over it. She commented it was just bleach, but it was very unappetizing. Lastly, the hotel is not right off the thruway and isn't convenient if you need to keep on schedule.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
gm_va447, Manager at Comfort Inn Bluefield, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
We would like to apologize for any problems that occurred during your stay with us. We are not located right off the interstate but we are located on the main highway in Bluefield. Our breakfast bar attendants try very hard to keep things clean and sanitized. The aprons have now been replaced. Our breakfast items rotate day by day. We offer scrambled eggs, omelets, boiled eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits and gravy. We also offer yogurt, fruits, cereal, oatmeal, and two different kinds of waffles. We hope you will come back again and give us another try.
Amissville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

We had three trips here to do a college visit. Hotel is a older hotel but the staff was wonderful. Free Breakfast was great. Pool look inviting but we did not have time to use it. It was a safe, clean and friendly place to stay. We could hear the people above us which was kind of annoying. But for a day or two it was great.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kinds words. Our staff try very hard to make our guests feel at home. Our pool is now open until Labor Day. We are under new ownership and we are doing a lot of remodeling and updates. Come stay with us again.
Smyrna, DE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I've stayed here on several occasions. The hotel is dated (mid to late 80's best guess), but my experience is the rooms have always met our needs. This time no different. Stayed on first floor non-smoking with few other guests besides family in the hotel. Room smelled a little musty but was overall clean, beds were comfortable (no signs of bed bugs), and bathroom was clean. The room is definitely average looking and dated but everything worked well including the heater/ac unit. Complimentary breakfast is standard fare for this class (nice feature but don't expect anything special) and was constantly stocked/cleaned by the staff. Staff was very friendly overall but I did find it odd (annoying?) that there was never anyone at the front desk and no bell to ring for them (I either had to wait or asked housekeeping to locate them). Not a big issue but odd nonetheless. Front desk accomodated a late check-out which was very much appreciated. Cemetery next door to hotel. Makes for peaceful, quiet location. There are NO restaurants nearby so plan to grab lunch or dinner before arriving or after leaving. Bottom line is there are not a lot of hotels in the area. Although this one could use some remodeling, overall my experience has been positive and I'll stay here in the future.

Room Tip: Best to stay on first floor as I understand there is no elevator. Non-smoking rooms are on the lef...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Thank you. We love to hear when our guests have a good stay. We have new owners and are currently remodeling. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Charleston, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in November 2013 and had an otherwise uneventful stay except for being bitten by bed bugs on my entire upper body. It should be noted that I do not usually stay at comfort Inns but I was in town for business and this was the only local hotel available.

The hotel is old and dated but appeared to be somewhat well-maintained at first glance. I was given a room on the second floor and proceeded to spend the next two nights there. The first morning I woke up slightly itchy but nothing to be overly concerned about. The second morning I woke up heavily scratching my left arm but thought it was just dry skin. After checking out and driving home the next day I noticed bumps all the way up my left arm and entire left side of my body. Over the next several days, bites began to present themselves over my entire upper body including my right arm.

After being diagnosed by a doctor as having bed bug bites, and calling the hotel to inform them of their bed bug problem, I received no compassion or apology on the phone except for "we'll have that room looked at." They know who I am and what room I was in but yet I've still not heard from them for follow-up or an apology.

It's the end of December and the itchy bites have just now started to disappear.

I spend a significant amount of time on the road for business and have never had a bed bug issue. Rest assured, this will not be a place I stay in the future. I recommend neither do you.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
On behave of our entire staff I would apologize for your bad experience at our hotel. We take comments like these very seriously. We had an exterminator come in to check things out. They were unable to find any bed bugs. On behave of the new owners and management we would appreciate you giving us a second chance.

Travelers are raving about these Bluefield hotels

Southlake, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

This hotel isconveniently located off the highway.This is an older hotel,but, it is nice. It does not have an elevator,but,the staff was very accomadating and very friendly. The room was large and nice. The bed was comfortable. I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you. We hope to see you again.

Been to Comfort Inn Bluefield? Share your experiences!