“Always a great stay and all because of the staff!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Bluefield
Charleston
“Always a great stay and all because of the staff!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I travel to this area on business at least once a month. I used to stay in Claypool Hill each time I was in the area. About 4 years ago my usual place in Claypool Hill was booked up, so I had to stay in this Comfort Inn in Bluefield, it was about 30 miles out of my way and I wasn't happy. My first stay and every stay since then was so good that I haven't stayed anywhere else since. Yes, that means I actually drive 30 minutes out of my way everytime I am down there JUST SO I CAN STAY HERE!!!! The best part of the stay is always the staff and the best out of all of them is the girl that works the graveyard shift JAMIE. I stay out of town on business quite a bit and I have never seen another person go out of their way to make my stay great more than Jamie. She has always went above and beyond to make sure that everyone has a pleasant stay. I have had problems with getting my points from Choice Hotels...most other places will tell you to call the 1-800 number and do it yourself. Jamie took it upon herself to make sure that I got credit for my points. There have been times that I was unable to show up by the 6 p.m. hold (being held up with work stuff) and they held my room for me anyway. I travel with my family on occasion, and Jamie has always been great with my 3 year old little girl. When she was upset upon arrival one time, Jamie got her some cookies and opened up the juice machine (even though it was after hours) and gave her something to drink...which worked wonders. As long as I travel in the area I WILL ALWAYS STAY HERE. The staff has always been friendly and accomodating....and the best out of all of them has always been Jamie. A very hard-working/friendly/nice/polite/sweet person.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

My husband works on the road. He travels the country doing chem tests on coal processing plants. We have a two yr old so usually i stay home with the baby but when we want to spend time with him we go on the rd with him. As you can imagine being in a hotel room for a week with a 2yr old can be quite challenging. Our son was having a difficult time sleeping thru the night and when he woke up at 12:30am for the 3rd night in a row i decided to take him for a drive so my husband could get some much needed sleep. I drove up and down peery hwy till 4am when he finally fell asleep. When i got back to the hotel i realized i left my key card inside the room. Not wanting to wake my husband up and wanting to get our finally sleeping baby back into the room quickly and quietly so he didnt wake yet again, i went to the front desk for a key. From the beginning the night clerk had an extremely rude attitude. I tried to explain the situation to her and she just rolled her eyes and said she needed my ID, which by the way i completely understand because of saftey issues. My problem wasnt due to protocol it was her very rude attitude. Further irritated from the nights events i went back out to my car to dig thru the diaper bag to find my wallet. I went back in and handed it to her without saying a word. She tells me i need to lose my attitude!!! Ummm...its 4am. Ive had an exhausting night i just want my key and i want to go to my room.i didnt say anything but my irritation was evident she then asjes if i would like for her to throw me out and i said please..not please throw me out but as in please just stop she walked to the phone and said she was calling the cops! Seriously??? I then said just give me my ID back! She then says do you want your key or not? I then replied I said please! She pully out this slip from a file and says well considering your name doesnt match 115... i was very mad then and i said"I said 215!!" she actually argued with me about it! I think i know what my room number is! She then handed me back my id and told me to find my own way in!!! So in the end my husband and our baby got woke back up in the process of me getting back into our room. I dont know what the womans name is, as i was too tired and irritated to look at her name tag but she is heavy and wears way too much makeup she was also working the early morning hrs of october 28, 2012. She should NOT be working in customer service. As bad as that is unfortunately its not my only complaint. The night before that incident i went down to get some clean towels and was told they couldnt give me any because one of the girls went home with the housekeeping keys! Seriously???? Ive never been in hotel management but if i couldnt provide my guests with clean towels id say that was a problem! Why not have a copy of those keys or tell that employee to bring them back immediately! On the upside though the hotel has a pretty decent breakfast an the rest of the staff i have encountered have all been very nice and accomidating but that woman working the night desk really needs to be fired!

• Stayed October 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed 3 nights at CI two weeks ago. Accommodations were adequate. Decor is somewhat outdated but very clean. Pool was very nice. My grandson really enjoyed swimming later in the evening as the pool was heated. Breakfast was good compared to most but dining area is way too small. Had to take food back to room two days. Staff were very pleasant and accommodating. Frig and microwave was a plus, Would stay there again.

Room Tip: No elevator so if you are older or have physical limitations please make sure you ask for room on fi...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Very nice room, pleanty of space in the room. Mini fridge and microwave included in the room. Nice breakfast bar in the morning. Stayed here visiting family and the hotel is in a good location. Would recommend this hotel to others and will stay here again when we are in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

We stayed 2 nights here at this pleasant Comfort Inn in Bluefield VA. Upon awakening the first morning I noticed 2 pin-sized drops of blood on my side of the double bed. I immediately checked the rest of the fitted sheet. No more spots were present. We tried to move the bed out from the wall to check behind it to no avail. I didnot place my luggage near the bed, as I had done extensive research on the tracks of bedbugs. The second and last morning we were there, on my husband's side of the bid were 3 pin-sized drops of blood. We both checked our elbows thoroughly to be certain we didn't have a scrape which might have made a blood stain, but neither of us did. I am very concientious when we travel to not place our bags on the bed, and even go so far to spray our bags with a BedBug Spray. In our travels, this is the first time I have come across that tell-tale sign of the presence of bed bugs.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
gm_va447, Manager at Comfort Inn Bluefield, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Please accept our sincerest apology regarding your recent stay with us. We have taken steps with the housekeeper to correct the issues you addressed in your complaint.

The issue of Bed bugs is an issue that we take very seriously, we had our pest control company to come straight out and check into this issue for us. I am pleased to let you know upon the completion of their inspection no evidence of bed bugs was found.

I appreciate you taking time to let us know about your concerns.

Again, I would like to apologize for the housekeeping issues during your stay with us.

We hope the next time you are in the Bluefield area you will consider us as a place to stay.

Sincerely

Charles Craddock
Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

Just average decor, nothing overly special. Room was typical size with amenities. Bed was extremely clean and very comfortable. Tv worked well and offered variety of channels. Decor out dated but functional.

Nice clean fridge and microwave in the room. Coffee pot was nice inclusion too.

Bathroom was clean but showing signs of wear. Lots of towels which were a great size for my tall husband.

Really enjoyed the continental breakfast. Was more than just bagels and muffins and cheap juice.

My only criticism is that you could tell the hotel offered smoking rooms. Smoke could be smelled down the hall and in common areas. Im not a smoker so this made me queasy and find the halls and common areas felt dirty.

Overall nice place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Clean and updated and pleasant all around. This is the place to stay in this area! We checked out the other hotel ( it, too, starts with a C) and it was stuffy, stale, had a driveway filled with cigarette butts..not kept up at alll... This place is excellent.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn Bluefield? Share your experiences!