“Don't miss it!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Norton, Virginia
“Don't miss it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Never miss an opportunity to eat at a Macado's whenever you come across one in Virginia! If sandwiches aren't your thing, I highly recommend their French onion soup or their KC's Mac n Cheese....classic cheesy Mac n cheese with juicy chicken added...Yummo!

Visited June 2014

Blacksburg, Virginia
“Best Family Friendly Restaurant in the Area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

This restaurant is part of a family owned chain, all of which are located in southwestern or central Virginia. Known for both their huge menu of sandwiches, appetizers and other menu items, they're probably most famous for their kitschy atmosphere. The walls and ceilings are inundated with things to look at, from full size cars to model planes to sports memorabilia to King Kong and and T-rex. And there are tv's covering live sports as well. The food as good and the atmosphere is awesome. If you haven't been, you need to check it out...especially if you have children.

Charleston, South Carolina
“Not terrible”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is hard to explain. It's really loud, in every respect. The atmosphere, the decor, the people are all really abrasive. The food isn't terrible, it's way way better than Applebee's, for example. But the staff is a little snippy, and like I said, it's a difficult environment to be in. Maybe it's just me. I did like my sandwich though.

Visited May 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Meh...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I know this is a chain but it had a high rating and we needed to get a quick bite before we got on the highway after my son's collage tour. Atmosphere was very '80s TGI Friday's or Bennigan's. Many of the framed papers and magazines were related to Virginia Tech so it did have a nice local feel. The prices are reasonable and the fare is standard pub food. I had wings with a Thai peanut sauce which were very good. My only complaint is the waitress didn't bring me a dish for the bones and seemed comfortable with me stacking them up on a napkin. My daughter had a Cesar wrap, she didn't comment on it and my son had a burger. He didn't eat all of it which means he didn't like it that much even thought he wouldn't say it. I doubt I'll visit again unless I'm in the same circumstance. Okay food and decent prices not a bad place, just not a good one.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Burke, Virginia
“Wonderful restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Macado's had a great atmosphere... We were seated right away, and our waitress was very friendly. It seemed like she was always there to satisfy our needs. All of the food items were reasonably priced, and there was a wide variety of food on the menu to choose from. The food was amazing... make sure to try the Gibson Girl... one of the best meals I have ever had. I would definitely go back to Macado's!

• Visited April 2014