“Very nice clean hotel - close to Hokie football!!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Blacksburg
springfield, va
“Very nice clean hotel - close to Hokie football!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for a football weekend and were very impressed with how new/nice the hotel was. Very nice and different layout in the room we were in and the hotel was very quiet (no parties at all hours). We were very pleased because we have stayed in some lower end hotels in Blacksburg just to have a place to stay for the games ... this was a welcome change. Very clean and the service staff were all friendly! Would stay here again hands down! Only complaint is that it was expensive, but at least we were in a nice hotel this time paying the high dollars that it takes to watch football!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
CourtyardBlacksburg, Sales Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Blacksburg, responded to this review, October 16, 2009
Dear jewagne5,

We are pleased that you enjoyed your visit at our property and hope to see you the next time you visit Blacksburg!

Go Hokies!

The Courtyard Blacksburg Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

I am a HUGE fan of Marriotts. I had been staying with Choice Hotels for years, but their quality consistency was getting to be soooo BAD. You just never knew if it was going to be a good one or not when you booked it (other than TripAdvisor reviews, of course!). But Marriotts have EXCELLENT quality control across the board!!
This particular hotel is fairly new. I've stayed in some others before in Blacksburg, but now that this Courtyard is here....this is my destination when I need a hotel in this area. The rooms are very nice, spacious, extremely clean, smell good....what else can I say. I am so very pleased with this hotel. The staff is very friendly and very helpful. This hotel is tops!!!! A little pricey, but worth it to make sure you are not sleeping in grunge, bugs, or murder central. :-)

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
CourtyardBlacksburg, Sales Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Blacksburg, responded to this review, October 12, 2009
Dear Lisaj1962,

It is great to hear that you are enjoying the Marriott Brand and had a nice experience at our property! We appreciate you and hope to see you and your family on your next visit to Blacksburg.

Safe Travels,

Courtyard Blacksburg Team
vienna
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

Friendly staff, great breakfast and the lady in charge was very friendly and helpfull. Bedroom was nice and clean and perfect location close to VT.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Dear ViennaVirginia,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip to Blacksburg. We appreciate your kind words and hope to have the opportunity to have your family back as repeat guests!

Safe Travels,

Courtyard Team
Northern Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

TWO QUEENS! Which is the Courtyard norm, but still awesome. Great new hotel. It had a very nice room/bathroom. Didn't try the breakfast. Location a little off, but we had a car so I guess it was fine!

Grasonville, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2009

We stayed here while visiting Virginia Tech. The Southern Hospitality was obviousl Our receptionist was a student majoring in Hospitality Science at VT and I told her that she had certainly chosen the right field. Rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable. the only down side is that then don't offer a complimentary breakfast, like most hotels in that category, but we were planning on having breakfast on campus, so it wasn't an issue ifor us. It is not the closest hotel to campus, but very convenient ( about a 10 minute drive to campus). We will definitely stay here again.

Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

We stayed one night at the Courtyard Marriott while visiting Virginia Tech. Very comfortable, attractive, clean, and the front desk were very attentive, courteous and helpful with maps of the area. This will definitely be my "hotel of choice" for the next four years!

Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2008

Stayed here two nights. The front desk staff is very pleasant and helpful. We came in late, and the bar staff cheerfully made sandwiches for dinner.

The room was huge, and beautifully decorated in dark woods and granite finishings. I was surprised that Marriott pulled out so many of the stops for its "Courtyard" brand.

One nice treat was the high-quality linens. Marriott has gotten rid of those nasty bedspreads (you know - the ones that nobody ever washes), and is now using duvet feather beds with a cotton duvet cover that can be taken off and washed. My only complaint is that the duvet is a little thin. I had to ask for an extra blanket - of which they had plenty. Perhaps these should be placed in the rooms so people don't have to ask for them.

The buffet breakfast was pretty reasonable as these things go. $7.95 for the continental, and $8.95 if you had meats, etc. I know that's a lot if all you want is cereal. But it doesn't begin to compare to the cost of a continental breakfast in most Marriott Hotels, where you pay $12.95 for coffee, juice, and a couple pastries.

My only concern - and this may be a personal one - there seemed to be something in the room that I was allergic to. I don't know what it was because I don't have any allergies that result in swollen sinuses. I don't think it's the feather bed because I have one at home that I'm fine with. They also don't allow any pets or smoking. It's a mystery to me, and otherwise it was a wonderful place to stay.

• Liked — Friendly staff, clean accommodations
  • Disliked — I was allergic to something in my room
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Blacksburg? Share your experiences!