“THE place to stay in Blacksburg!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Mobile Check-In
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Blacksburg
North Carolina
“THE place to stay in Blacksburg!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

I am a HUGE fan of Marriotts. I had been staying with Choice Hotels for years, but their quality consistency was getting to be soooo BAD. You just never knew if it was going to be a good one or not when you booked it (other than TripAdvisor reviews, of course!). But Marriotts have EXCELLENT quality control across the board!!
This particular hotel is fairly new. I've stayed in some others before in Blacksburg, but now that this Courtyard is here....this is my destination when I need a hotel in this area. The rooms are very nice, spacious, extremely clean, smell good....what else can I say. I am so very pleased with this hotel. The staff is very friendly and very helpful. This hotel is tops!!!! A little pricey, but worth it to make sure you are not sleeping in grunge, bugs, or murder central. :-)

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisaj1962
CourtyardBlacksburg, Sales Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Blacksburg, responded to this review, October 12, 2009
Dear Lisaj1962,

It is great to hear that you are enjoying the Marriott Brand and had a nice experience at our property! We appreciate you and hope to see you and your family on your next visit to Blacksburg.

Safe Travels,

Courtyard Blacksburg Team

vienna
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

Friendly staff, great breakfast and the lady in charge was very friendly and helpfull. Bedroom was nice and clean and perfect location close to VT.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Dear ViennaVirginia,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip to Blacksburg. We appreciate your kind words and hope to have the opportunity to have your family back as repeat guests!

Safe Travels,

Courtyard Team
Northern Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

TWO QUEENS! Which is the Courtyard norm, but still awesome. Great new hotel. It had a very nice room/bathroom. Didn't try the breakfast. Location a little off, but we had a car so I guess it was fine!

• 3 of 5 stars
Grasonville, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2009

We stayed here while visiting Virginia Tech. The Southern Hospitality was obviousl Our receptionist was a student majoring in Hospitality Science at VT and I told her that she had certainly chosen the right field. Rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable. the only down side is that then don't offer a complimentary breakfast, like most hotels in that category, but we were planning on having breakfast on campus, so it wasn't an issue ifor us. It is not the closest hotel to campus, but very convenient ( about a 10 minute drive to campus). We will definitely stay here again.

Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

We stayed one night at the Courtyard Marriott while visiting Virginia Tech. Very comfortable, attractive, clean, and the front desk were very attentive, courteous and helpful with maps of the area. This will definitely be my "hotel of choice" for the next four years!

Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2008

Stayed here two nights. The front desk staff is very pleasant and helpful. We came in late, and the bar staff cheerfully made sandwiches for dinner.

The room was huge, and beautifully decorated in dark woods and granite finishings. I was surprised that Marriott pulled out so many of the stops for its "Courtyard" brand.

One nice treat was the high-quality linens. Marriott has gotten rid of those nasty bedspreads (you know - the ones that nobody ever washes), and is now using duvet feather beds with a cotton duvet cover that can be taken off and washed. My only complaint is that the duvet is a little thin. I had to ask for an extra blanket - of which they had plenty. Perhaps these should be placed in the rooms so people don't have to ask for them.

The buffet breakfast was pretty reasonable as these things go. $7.95 for the continental, and $8.95 if you had meats, etc. I know that's a lot if all you want is cereal. But it doesn't begin to compare to the cost of a continental breakfast in most Marriott Hotels, where you pay $12.95 for coffee, juice, and a couple pastries.

My only concern - and this may be a personal one - there seemed to be something in the room that I was allergic to. I don't know what it was because I don't have any allergies that result in swollen sinuses. I don't think it's the feather bed because I have one at home that I'm fine with. They also don't allow any pets or smoking. It's a mystery to me, and otherwise it was a wonderful place to stay.

• Liked — Friendly staff, clean accommodations
  • Disliked — I was allergic to something in my room
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
Blacksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2008

I have stayed in the Courtyard (Marriott) Blacksburg for 44 days starting 23 June 2008 till 6 August 2008. I was on a business trip related to research work with Virginia Tech. I contacted the management by email from the hotel web site -- and I got a discounted rate for long stay period. Since my first contact until the last minute of my stay in the hotel I have been well treated. All staff -- I mean all including cleaning personnel-- are friendly and courteous. The front desk are extremely courteous, efficient, and friendly. They have a wide smile which makes anyone loves to come back to them. The breakfast is great. It is a buffet with variety of food with eggs cooked to your taste, you can ask to be cooked the way you want , the chef will cook it with no problems. The rooms are extremely clean, with bright white sheets and towels as good as new. The rooms has AC. The bathroom is well designed, spacious, with marble. Plenty of parking.
I did not experience any noise from my room (as some reviews indicated). It is not very far from campus - 5 minutes drive. Two minutes drive to Grocery store (Kroger and others). About 6 minutes drive to Christainsburg shopping centers, malls and restaurants area(many restaurants). It has indoor swimming pool that I have not tried, but I see people ( specially children) having fun in it. The fitness center is POOR. Unfortunately, there is no much equipment and the room is small.
overall, it is 4.5-5* hotel, It is in a very quite area, excellent service and staff, excellent rooms and breakfast, convenient location (not so close to campus if you do not have a car). i definitely stay in this hotel again and recommend it to my friends and family.

• Liked — Friendly people and Clean rooms
  • Disliked — Fitness center
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blacksburg
Hilton Garden Inn Blacksburg
#5 of 8 in Blacksburg
4.5 of 5 stars 166 reviews
Hampton Inn Christiansburg/Blacksburg
Holiday Inn Christiansburg Blacksburg

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Blacksburg? Share your experiences!